1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must think I'm gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by OtherMe, Sep 13, 2017.

1. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    havent posted in timmeee, anyway basically my mum recently has been weird (not sure why I say this cause what she says is actually true but anyway) keeps on saying when you gonna bring a girl home before adding ...or a boy? Then she said she wouldn't mind if me and my best mate were boyfriends (we're sadly not aha) and then when we were having some family pictures taken the photographer told my siblings and me to smile for the beautiful girls and for our girlfriends, my mum then laughing shouted "or just think of [insert best mates name]". Basically is she just messing or does she basically know/think I'm gay (I'm bi but whatever).

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From your description it seems clear that she knows (or suspects) and is trying to let you know that she is ok with it. Maybe this would be an opportunity for you to come out to her?

Quantumreality likes this.
  3. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ngl don't think I'd ever want to, idk why I just don't . Probably sounds strange.

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound strange. It sounds very normal.

Coming out is a scary thing, even to those we think will be accepting. One reason it's difficult is because once done it can't be undone. So, it really is jumping off the cliff - and so many people stand at the edge and just can't take that next step.

If the idea of coming out causes you anxiety, I would suggest to you that doing it will eliminate the anxiety. It only takes getting past that initial plunge. It really does sound like your mom already knows and is trying to gently prod you. Go for it! I think you'll be glad after you do.

5. OtherMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Cheers for the help and suggestions