1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to overcome anxiety and nerves

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NerdyGuy, Sep 17, 2017.

1. NerdyGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i really want to come out to a friend of mine and i know how i should but i get really anxious and nervous about it and lose courage. how do i relax and get the courage?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you think your friend will react? Is he or she a fair minded and tolerant person who has expressed support for LGBT people and issues or are you very much walking into the unknown?

There is no magic formula for coming out, but it's better to get to the point as quickly as possible. Very often, we make the mistake of preparing a big speech (that never goes according to plan) when the only two words that count are "I'm gay". Sometimes, it's better to just get those two small words out and then do the talking.

If you really can't say it don't lose hope. Sometimes, it's easier to say it in writing... a letter, email, private message or even a card can work really well. What do you think?

3. NerdyGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ill try figuring out what he thinks about lgbt and if its positive ill come out to him