1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could I have put on weight?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spot, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been trying to lose weight recently and really just exercise more frequently, to get fitter in general. I exercised all last week and the week before, I meant to keep going this week as well but I was getting some pain in my knee joints so I decided to rest for a day or two. But then I got my period. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal but for some reason, I was getting bad cramps and was really tired so I ended up taking the whole week off and trying to "sleep it off". I should be fine to start again tomorrow but I'm feeling fat, to put it bluntly. Just a quick question, could I realistically have put on any weight in that time? Thanks.

2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really doubt it, it wasn't a long time. I think feeling that way is probably just a side effect of not having exercised in a while. My period used to make me bloat a little so it could be something like that too.

3. TraceElement

Bloat weight from your period could have happened, or you may feel a little sluggish from time away from the gym. If you ate some extra salty or sugary foods during the week may also have an effect, because lets face it we get cravings that are harder to ignore while on our cycles. If your period is heavy, take an iron supplement or multi-vite with iron... we lose iron and low iron canake you feel tired.

4. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You most likely maintain your weight.