1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you live with being single?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MsPurpleFrog, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Right now, I'm not looking and as much as I have thought of wanting a girlfriend I think I have a lot to work on before that can happen.

I think the hardest part ( and many people don't know this about me) is I want the affection which is painful at times not having that. I've been longing for it. I'm a virgin so haven't gone all the way, haven't even kissed....I'm not great with idk asking for that. I get too nervous and people have this mindset that I'm not touchy when it's one thing I want the most. I want to hug the heck out someone and show how much I care.

I try to stay busy workaholic.....

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I totally get where you are coming from, I would never initiate hugging or nothing with my friends and until I got with my girlfriend had never been kissed or anything but I love cuddling so much with my girlfriend. So I get it.

What is it you think you have to work on before you can start dating?

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I'm not sure. I've always been so focused on work. I've been working on myself for quite awhile. In the past I never wanted one. Now, I want one but feel ill screw it up before it goes farther. I have alot of fear.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that's understandable, I think a lot of people get scared that they will mess it up but you will never know if you don't try. Is it just a general fear that you will mess it up or are there more specific concerns?

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay to have some fears, but remember you don't get only one chance at a relationship. Most people have several relationships before they find someone who fits well. You can read and observe others' successes, but it's like riding a bike: you won't really understand until you try it yourself (and probably fall many times along the way).

#25 resu, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's difficult to know because I always doubt myself with situations so it's more of me needing to learn to trust myself.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that can be tough, believing and trusting in yourself. I'm sure you can do it, you just have to keep taking baby steps forward.