1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Lesbian and that's okay !

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lexi, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Lexi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi I literally just signed up to this site and from reading some people's meaningful coming out stories and it has actually made me feel like I shouldn't have to hide the fact that I am lesbian. Okay so this is my story....
    Hiya I'm Lexi and I'm 14yrs old almost 15 .From a young age The first person I was attracted to was a girl but it was weird coz I had a boyfriend at the time but it felt like I didn't rly like him and I was going out with him coz it was the 'norm' . I have only ever had boyfriends and up until about six months ago I thought being LGBTQ was weird. About 5 months ago I came out as bisexual, to me it was big thing and I wanted to tell everyone. My mum reacted to saying , "liking girls! Hah it's just a phase" I was so upset because it wasn't. But I realised I hadn't come out to my self as bisexual and I wasn't able to absorb that information and feel comfortable in my own skin which resulted in telling people too early if ya know what I mean . At the momemt I have a boyfriend, you see not attracted to him and I thought that was because I didn't like him that way but then I realised something deeper. I didn't like any boys this way. I need to tell him. Today. He will be mad but I can't change who i am. I rushed by telling my mum yesterday, "mum , I'm gay" and she just said it's a phase. I think that's one of the worst things u can say to an LGBTQ person. Coz it's not. A phase for me was liking boys. I hate that people these days label their new born baby straight. U can be whatever you want to be and I'm happy being me. Being lesbian. Sexuality shouldn't define u as a person. It's personal, it's your business. Thank you so much for this website. ~Lexi~

Lost sole and beenthrdonetht like this.
  2. loepis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC! Yes, sexuality is just one part of you.
    I guess we are conditioned to label/associate things just to make things easier to understand (by our brain).

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. Glad the website could help.

4. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really glad EC helped you out Lexie! Welcome :grin: