1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homeschooled and dont know how to meet girls

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Leahthecat, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Leahthecat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I want to meet a girl (to maybe date), but I am homeschooled so I dont meet many new people, and the island where I live is not very diverse, so theres not any LGBT groups around. I am going into grade 11 btw.

2. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    16,17, I assume. I do not know if there is a age limit on some of these dating sites but try that. You can always see if you can sign up for outside activities with different community center clubs, sports. You can start a local social group chat where you can meet up with people. I do not know if you have a beach around you and or if you are shy but there are plenty of people out there that you could just start talking too.

Leahthecat likes this.
  3. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone else is probably asking the same thing. Social media is another great place to start

Leahthecat and mattblack like this.
  4. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know the struggle girl. Homeschooling can be a bit isolating depending on your situation. (Certainly was in mine.) Do your parents know you're gay and are they accepting of it? If yes to both, maybe you could talk to them about finding a LGBT community center or something like that in the area.

If not, you'll have to try online.

Leahthecat likes this.
  5. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wasn't home schooled and I still isolated myself and never dated to this day for reasons such as parents, city where I live, fear. So I think that you need to start fresh in order to have the best chances. Of course, do take the advice of the posters above, all I'm saying is that you might want to consider going to college to a bigger city. In such a place, you'll have the advantage of most people being new, and so you can find friends and eventually partners, without the fear of feeling left out while everyone else already has their friend circle (which might be true for 11th/12th grade in high school.

Leahthecat likes this.
  6. Really

Are there any sports clubs or leagues you could look into? They would definitely introduce you to new people and if you choose something like softball or roller derby, there are bound to be LGBT girls there. :wink:

Leahthecat likes this.
  7. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in the same boat as you, Leahthecat. Although mine's an online school, so my mom isn't my teacher.

Online is probably the most accessible way for you ATM. If your situation is more loose than mine and you can leave the house/do things then definitely check out clubs! they're a good way to meet people, best bets on meeting another LGBT person would be at an LGBT club though and I don't know if you're out/want to be out/have any nearby.