1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I would like some help with a thing

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zachary555, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Zachary555

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all hello to all of you and your beautiful community. I'll get straight to my problem and i would like some help. Since i was about 14 - 15 i started smoking. Not a lot. I started with a cigarette a day. I didn't do it to fit in or whatever, i did it for me. I was struggling with some kind of depression. That one cig was enough to stimulate my brain in order to cope with most of things that were terrible out of order. Days and months past and the one cigarrete a day was slowly went to half a packet a day. Life was getting harder and harder... but then i suddenly things started becoming better a bit. So i quit. no more cigs. i was clean for about 7 months with some joints in between. I didn't want to smoke. And boom after 7 - 8 months finals came and i wanted to do sth i was struggling with things once again. I started using an e-cig bought from a friend and then half a packet a day again. Just a few minutes ago i started writing this i smoked my last cig for the day probably. Chest pain is a thing every now and then. I really want to quit now but i don't have the neccesery strength or whatever to quit. I am now 16 and a half.
    I would like some help.

Thanks in advance, Sorry for the long post,
    Zachary

#1 Zachary555, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Tallen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I smoked for several years and as you said the number of smokes increased gradually until I (myself) was a two pack a day smoker. I enjoyed ever cigarette just as you yourself said they have a calming soothing effect. However they are deadly, I watched a couple of family members die a slow smothering death due to smoking and it was the motivator that caused me to quit for good. Depending on genetics some people develop chronic lung diseases and cancers sooner than others and these diseases have no cure.

There is an old proverb that says if you play with fire you will eventually get burned, I believe that is revelant to unhealthy life styles, it may start out pleasurable only to become your prison and executioner eventually.

Other motivators to quit is having (saving) the money in pocket instead of it going up in smoke and the stench on your clothing,

Better quit while you can!

You do have the inner strength to quit, you did so before and you can again, I quit cold turkey, meaning I did not use the aides they have to day, but you do. One does suffer withdrawal for awhile until the nicotine breaks down in the system but its only temporary. I can proudly say I have been smoke free since 1996 and I hope to hear you have given them up as well.

In stead of firing up a smoke to calm down and relax why not go for a walk?

#2 Tallen, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    PatrickUK and ShortButSweet like this.