1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate Being Gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ryyyyy, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Ryyyyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've come to the realization of the last few months that I really do hate being gay. I'm now 22. I also do think that it's the reason why I'm rubbish at football, because it's very rare that you see out openly gay footballers out there.

2. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do you hate being gay? I understand it is difficult in the society we live in but we are what we are and cannot change certain facts. If you can accept that and love yourself for the person you are in totality it will go a long way.

Feel free to post your thoughts here on EC. I am sure most of us would have felt like that at some point. You are not alone.

3. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really really bad at football and I'm gay but I think it's more because I don't care and I'm always thinking about more important things.

4. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also being gay does not make you bad at sports at all. Being successful at sports is a combination of a number of factors including talent, will power, dedication, coaching, nutrition etc. Everyone is good at some sport or the other. You may shine in a different sport.

I feel footballers are not openly gay because they are scared about the reaction from fans and their commercial viability plus other reasons like shame and internalised homophobia (like anyone else). In fact in a supposedly 'masculine' sport like rugby, many have come out.

#4 Pole star, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    18breanna, mattblack and Dylan1357 like this.
  5. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually good at tennis and softball anything with a rack or bat, it's just football and rugby maybe because kicking is something I can't be bothered to do. I sound like a really lazy person.

#5 Dylan1357, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  6. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being gay does not make you bad at anything... Not really being dedicated to it in your heart, and instead doing it because you are expected to makes you bad at something. Not enjoying a sport means you will eventually stop being considered good at it also. Not having confidence in yourself makes you bad at things. Needing glasses causes problems in football also, unless you wear contacts...

#6 Humbly Me, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2017
    kscurious, I'm gay and Dylan1357 like this.
  7. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah bad vision in my weakness and not dedicated to sports at all more of an academic person.

8. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally more of an artistic person who happens to be rather gifted intellectually in science.

FluffyLightFox likes this.
  9. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im not into science so much and I do draw but better at photography not boasting but I'm working at an A grade and everything else is just average really not the best not the worst, works for me.

10. Tallen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually it seems gay people are extremely gifted in many ways, including sports, the arts, the business world, basically all realms of life.

https://www.outsports.com/2017/7/13/15963608/gay-players-college-football-scott-frantz

I believe we all go through periods where we don't like something about our self, some things we can change but being gay isn't one of them. I hope very soon you can begin to see how special you are and to focus on those areas of your life where your gifted and pursue your interest with an I can do it attitude.

kscurious likes this.
  11. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reason there are no openly gay footballers is because they would be slaughtered by the fans if they were to come out. Football terraces are extremely toxic and homophobic places.

Myclosetisfull likes this.
  12. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am good in sports and am very athletic and I am gay. It has nothing to do with it. Practice makes you good at anything.

Dylan1357 likes this.
  13. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get it
    You hate your sexuality because you cannot openly express yourself and remain involved in a sport you love which also happens to be quite homophobic and toxic towards alternative individuals.
    You feel, and at this point in time rightly so, that you must put aside one aspect or the other of your life and this decision is creating internal conflict.
    If you love the sport more than the self I suggest putting aside your sexuality and pursuing the game.
    Holy men make this same decision when choosing the path of their celibate faith so you are in no way alone in your decision.
    Moving forward and at some point you may find pursuit of the sport too demanding on the body and may then choose to explore your sexual side. HTH

#13 JaimeGaye, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    gravechild likes this.
  14. kscurious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with you. Being gay sucks. My choices are limited to either drunks, drug addicts or creeps. I hate myself. Everyone is so fucking shallow.

15. dylanbpool

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sorry you feel that way, I sometimes say to myself the only good thing that happened to me is that i was born gay i guess i must like it, I didn't really date much till i was 21, I met my first love then and for a few month was crazy in love still remember being so in love with my first love i stared at him non stop on a train journey we were on didn't care what others thought, so being gay can bring love and happiness and i like it, hope you can too