1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me, or is everyone so open about it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm on the home pc, which is in its own room of the house. I was busy browsing through EC, when my mom walked in (My back's facing the door). She asked, "What's that?" (Meaning, which site am I on) and I said, without thinking about it, "EmptyClosets". She didn't say anything in return and I assume that's a good thing. Heck, she asked, and I answered honestly. She could've just kept quiet and not look over my shoulder. Lol. Is anyone else so open about being on EC, or am I just weird?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Mom has seen me on here before when she saw my browser open. Not a big deal, she already knows I'm out and has just casually asked "see anyone you can relate to?"

3. shyjess

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Open about this site? Well that's great! My family doesn't care what site I'm on because I'm an adult, so it doesn't matter. But I am happy for preteens and teenagers finally being accepted by their family members on being on this site.

4. Taraeos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody's ever really asked, but I'm not worried about being on EC when others are around. My family all know about my sexuality and we're very open about a lot of things, so it definitely wouldn't be an issue for me.

5. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm an adult too but my family doesnt know i'm bi so I'm careful when i'm using my laptop as my door in my room is always open. I'm always on my phone though. When I'm at work, I close all my browsers on my phone so it wont be on my screen just in case.

6. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not out, but amazingly open about ec considering it. Find myself on it even when parents in room, but tbh if they come within a metre I immediately jump onto a different open browser.

7. Loves books

I'm on my iPad using incognito on google chrome. I don't have to be so paranoid no one currently in the house knows how to use an iPad and they don't know my passcode to unlock it but my cousin likes playing on my iPad and her dad is really homophobic the last thing I need is her accidentally tapping Google and ending up here.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha its funny you asked this. Once time there was a glitch on me and my moms phone and we were getting all each other's stuff. Well then I saw her on her phone browsing through this site and she's like what's empty closet (I was out to her by this point so it wasn't that big of a deal.) and I said what?!?! Gimme that. It was actually kinda funny but yeah she knows I go on here

9. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not worried. No one really pays attention to what site I am on.

10. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not open about it, but I guess that could be because I am not out to my family.

Despite that, I still frequently visit EC while other family members are in the room. When I am on my phone or laptop, I still use incognito/private browsing, just in case my family ever needed to use them for any reason. I also always have another tab open anyway for facebook, wikis or something else.

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's possible that your mom doesn't understand the whole "coming out of the closet" process that this community's name is based on. I was very not open about my use of this site, even with people who already know I'm bi and trans.

12. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell, at home I always used Private browsing for EC and only visited late at night or when in private. My parents would've flipped if they caught me on an LGBT site.

But now I'd be cool with my dorm mates knowing if they asked. I'm pretty open about my gender and sexuality. Though I'd prefer they not know my username because I have been in here a while and there is some rather personal information I've shared.

13. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Same here! I don't talk about EC with my mom, but she's seen me on it, she knows what it's about, and she honestly doesn't care/mind. Then again, I am 27 years old with a career and my own life, so my mom doesn't really care what websites I'm on anymore haha. I am happy for those who are younger and have such open, supportive parents :slight_smile:

14. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an adult too (29 years young to be precise) so what I do on the 'net is none of anyone else's business really. My mom knew that I'm on EC long before this "incident" - for lack of a better word. Heck, I even told them that they're welcome to browse through the Parents and Family members part of EC. They obviously didn't take me up on it. Guess they're scared that gayness is contagious, lol. Still, I thought it would be a good thing if they talked to other people in similar positions. There was a time where my mom hated that I'm on EC, because she said that it messes with my mind (Like, really?) and I managed to stay off EC for a whole hour, lol.

Seriously, I don't think she minds anymore. Which is good I guess. I don't care if they spot my posts or profile on here though. It's not like it's a state secret that I also have some issues to sort through. I don't stay logged in though, and always close the browser when I'm done. But if they happen to see my stuff, that's okay. Maybe my posts will give them some insight on the matter and they will know what I go through on a daily basis, lol.