coming out advice needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aubreylm, Sep 3, 2017.

1. aubreylm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So in the past few years i have come to accept that i am bisexual. i was raised in a small country town that is not very accepting of the LGBT lifestyles. I have wanted to tell my parents and friends for so long but my parents are strict Christians and my friends make fun of gay men(calling them fags ect). Im not too worried about telling my friends but its more of my parents. My father talks about homosexuals badly, and calls them abominations, disgusting, and says there is a special place in hell for them. my mother seems as though she would be accepting, she even caught me wearing lipstick before and smiled and said i looked pretty. i really just want to stop hearing my dad say things like that about me even though he doesn't know he is talking about me. I recently had a house fire and buried all my feelings down about who i was and even looked up web sites on how to convert my self to just be completely straight so i could feel as though my dad is happy with who i am. ive tried everything but i still like boys. i am an addict to opiods and i havent done them in years but with this weight of misery on top of me it really makes me just long for them and a way out and i know that opiods are an easy way to accidentally overdose. I want my dad to know and still love me and not look at me like he is disgusted like he does with every other homosexual he sees. I'm feeling like im at the end of the road and i just feel like giving up, i almost feel like he would like it better if i over dosed. when ever someone we know dies from one he feels sorry for them because he thinks that addiction is something out of someones control. he does not feel the same way about sexuality. i think he would rather me be an addict that died, than a bisexual son that he has too look at every day. not sure what to do please give any advice if someone has been through something similar

2. BloodWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Noo!! Don't take opiods... or even think that your father would rather you dead. Have you tried talking to your mother? You don't necessary have to come out to her, but ask why your dad is homophobic, that may give you some answers.

3. aubreylm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i know why he is. He is a complete christian and thinks that people have a choice in it and that its a disgusting sin. his father raised him to think this way and my whole family is pretty much the same. im not sure if he would rather me be dead or not but i know he would have more respect of me than if he knew i was bisexual

BuggieBoo likes this.
  4. aubreylm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    but i am going to try to talk to her about it before i do anything else

5. Laughsalot

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh please honey, don't go near the Opiods! I don't feel like I am in a place to offer you much advice because I haven't managed to figure out what to do about my own homophobic father yet, but please please take care of yourself!

6. aubreylm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    its just a place of comfort when i use them it makes everything feel alot better for the time being

7. Laughsalot

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand that, I really do, I have used unhealthy methods in the past to feel better too. In the long run these things don't help anything though, they just make matters worse.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm sorry you are in a tough place. You say you aren't worried about coming out to your friends so maybe you should start there so that you can build up a kind of support network for when you do come out to your family.
    Do you live on your own or with your parents?

9. aubreylm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i live with my girlfriend. i know it sounds silly to want to tell people when i have a girlfriend but being bisexual is a part of me and i would like for atleast my parents to know not too worried about my friends. i just wish my father would accept me.

10. aubreylm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i know but i feel like i am at the end of the line and anything to help in the now is welcome

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it sounds silly at all. Maybe you could get some information from say the PFLAG website and give it t himwhen you tell him. Have you ever tried to tell him before?

12. SoyDaniel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Listen brother, don't mess with what your life's worth, you have nothing wrong with yourself by being biexual, and with or without your parents support (although i suspect you have your mother's) you have the potenciallity to life so incredibly happy. I know people that has had terrible experiences with their family by telling them who they are, and even though that happened, they were able later to move out of their house, and now live SO HAPPY, SO JOYFUL AND SO GRATEFUL of their life, or even made peaces later with heir parents and belong to a great family, (a more open and accepting one too). This is a hard thing for some pearents to deal with when they are not used to something from the lgbt comunity to be so close, but you could be their guide towards a more open minded life or to educate them and make tehm more tol