1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to school dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 13Matthias, Sep 2, 2017.

1. 13Matthias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dysphoria is getting super bad rn, because I'm back at school. Great. I do love being deadnamed and addressed with wrong pronouns (sarcasm). I don't want to have to correct everyone but I don't know if there is a way of helping.

So this thread is for tips to deal with dysphoria in general, but more specifically, school, college etc or even at work for anyone having a bad time.

Harvey Noises likes this.
  2. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ugh i feel. i'm only out to 4 people and two go to my school :frowning2:

3. Athexant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, I definitely understand what you're going through. At school, I'm only out to three teachers (one of them left at the end of last year though). As for friends, I'm only out to three or four people. Dealing with dysphoria, not being able to dress like yourself, being addressed the wrong way is incredibly challenging. I find that finding unisex clothing (jeans, t-shirt, over-sized sweatshirts/hoodies) help a lot with dysphoria about how I look. When I'm addressed the wrong way, it hurts, but I always correct that person in my head and look forward to going out on my own and being myself. I only have about two years left of this hell.

I wish I had other tips on helping you deal with dysphoria, but I only have what works for me personally. I just grin and bear it, knowing that one day, in college, I'll be able to live as myself.

4. Percy15

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have three people at my school who know which pronouns I want to be addressed by. In the past three weeks of school and marching band camp, I've had several panic attacks, one that left me crying in a bathroom for five hours. Nobody knows what's bothering me, and I promised myself I'd start school on the right foot by doing all my assignments, but I can't focus on them when I feel like I want to stop existing. A lot of the time in school, I'm kind of suicidal, and I can't focus on what my teachers are saying.