1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religeon search

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KaylaRCray, Sep 2, 2017.

1. KaylaRCray

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am looking for a religeon, i dont know weather or not i want to be religious, but i want to see, if im going to dissapoint my family might as well go all the way am i right?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    My religeon is Jehovahs Witnesses, and it isnt fullfilling so i want to see what the world has to offer. Thanks!

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's some really neat cults out there that you might like.

If you think there might be something else out there, the universe people or the raelians might be the right cult for you. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe_People
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raëlism

If you're politically radical you might like the church of euthanasia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Euthanasia

If you like prince Phillip there is a religion that follows him as there leader. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Philip_Movement

If you only like white people you might be interested in the creativity movement. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creativity_(religion)

If you can't stand white people then you might like the nation of Yahweh. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Yahweh

If you feel that you are too good for God and the devil then you could follow satanism and just exist with your beliefs.

So there are many new things for you to try.

3. KaylaRCray

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I take it you dont beleive in religion?

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha you would be correct on that.

5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you trying to stay away from Christian denominations? Because I'm Catholic, but if your trying to get away from Christianity, that might not really help...

6. KaylaRCray

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean, i dont really know. I just need something different that makes sense. If its christian, sure, but i suppose there are a bunch of other things in the world, but then again, the bible and all other religious books can probably be interpreted in so many different ways that i might stay back from religion completely.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should convert to atheism. You might like it. Atheists tend to make more money and stay married longer. If you do convert to Christianity I want you to go to an accepting church alright?

8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's so many different religions to choose from: Judiasm, Budhism, branches of Christianty, Wicca, Hinduism, Islam. Several others.

You could also go the athiest route, but thats completely up to you...

You could always just research current religions in the world and see if you like any.

9. KaylaRCray

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly the main issue i have with my church is that they are very...uptight? They are very traditional and i hate that i have to hide myself. I like to learn and learning about my churches past, kind of makes me sick. If all religeons are like that (im not saying they are, just my experience) i would rather just be athiest. It seems nice. I dont know haw there can be a loving god that is anti-gay if i was basically made to be hated in my family. Like seriously, "Im gonna make you be hated by your family unless you ignore every part of you. Have fun ya little bi prick"~God

Yay Jesus :angel::joy::joy:

10. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please tell me you're looking to get AWAY from the Witness religion. I was raised in that religion until I was 16 and getting out was the best thing that ever happened to me. That religion will never accept you as a bi woman or anyone that isn't straight. :confounded: Personally, I'm a hardcore atheist (which is another of the best realizations I've ever come to), so I absolutely encourage people (ESPECIALLY JWs) to at least question their beliefs and question the existence of any gods. But if you still feel the need for religion, I'd at least consider giving another denomination a try. But either way, I would get as far away from the JW religion as humanly possible, because it is TOXIC.

Forget what the Elders or the Governing Body tell you. Research every freaking facet of this religion. Even if it means getting disfellowshipped, this is not a good environment for anybody who is LGBT.

#10 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  11. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I count myself as a Wiccan Jedi but I think I just use the guidelines of those religions as a basic morality path for who I want to be rather then any strick rules . That said I do believe that there is some sort of natural force in the universe.

In uni I did do my dissertation on Doctor Who as a religion for a post modern society.

#11 Bernice, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  12. Tallen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As for religion why would anyone want to join a group that would demand they suppress certain normal parts of their life experience.

Some religions forbid even having a drink and most all of them have strict restrictions concerning sexual intimacy, and nearly all of them disaffirm being LGBT so you need to do some googling on the doctrines of what groups you find interest in to see what they demand from you. Leaving one group for another group might not be wise since your seeking peace and fulfillment.

You said your dissatisfied with your experience as a JW and I can identify with that....at one time I was a Baptist.....and very unhappy being one....I had been assimilated into a group that was going through religious traditions and practices with out soul fulfilling encounters with the God they said they were worshipping...it was when I dared to challenge the formalities of organized religion asking God to let me encounter him in a life changing fulfilling way that he responded in a life changing way...I discovered relationship with God and left religion. I sense Gods closeness everyday in my life without the clutter of binding rules and laws that rob my life of joy, when I feel I fail in some area I talk to God about it with a confidence that I am loved and forgiven, if I have some kind of need or trouble I ask God for help, if Im down I ask God for a hug, he is always present and my life is full because of his presence.

I am not religious (following a bunch of rules) nor caught up in a religion (don't claim a denomination), but I do believe in God and Jesus Christ and I do pray and God responds. If I want to go to church I do so because I want to but I don't go because I am told to nor do I allow the church to brain wash me or place demands on my freedoms as a human being. Therefore I am not in a religion but a relationship and theres a big difference.

13. KaylaRCray

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am definately trying to leave, i dont know how, but i am not baptized so thats a plus. When i get older though, im going to start being pressured to be baptized and that will probably be when i end up leaving officially. Do you know if i can still be punished? My aunt recently got out, and i hate the way that my family is suffering because of it. I dont want them to suffer because of me, but i dont want to suffer from this lifestyle either.
    I am probably just going to not be in a religion at all for a while. To much constriction for me. Thanks for the advice! I'm going to reserch the Witnesses more, but the Australian royal commision will definately be my major playing card in the near future.

14. Justinian20

Why don't you follow a "Pagan" religion, like Zeus or Odin, Or The Aztec Gods,(I can't spell the name of the main aztec god off the top of my head), even if you want follow the Persian Gods, the Assyrian Gods, The Babylonian Gods because none of those "Pagan" religions are anti gay or Bisexual, if you want one that is super Bisexual, just go with Zeus and co.

15. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would first off recommend figuring out what you personally believe to be true, then research religions. I personally lead a Satanic lifestyle, but for me it's not a religion. Religiously, I follow the Greek Gods and Goddesses. I serve Aphrodite specifically. I do what She commands, and go out of my way to not piss Her off. I've done that before and my punishment was enough that I NEVER want to do that again.

16. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You can try Islam or Moslem, dont see the moslem people but you should direct to explore the Al Quran and Hadist. I am not expert in that way but LGBT is sin and forbidden in Islam. Might it match with your mind because to choose a religion it depend on "hidayah" or guidance of the God.
    This is just another options.

#16 Sundara, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  17. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ultimately no one can tell you what the "best" religion would be for you. That is a journey you must discover for yourself. We can share what personally effects us, but that is only a handful of limited experiences. And even within the same belief system there are many interpretations.

My advice to you would be to research the major world religions and philosophies to get a feel for where you are leaning. Then, zero in on the one or few which resound the most with you and research those further, and perhaps their sects. If possible visit a local church, temple, etc. associated with that religion. Speak to the leaders, attend the meetings, read the scriptures (if there are any) associated with that religion. Try to really think deeply about where you are in regards to such teachings.

I cannot and would not be comfortable telling you to believe in this or that, and not believe the other thing. That would be influenced by my own bias and, ultimately, not helping you very much.

Developing your worldview/spirituality/philosophy is a very personal journey. Be open, inquisitive, and patient. The answers will come in time.

18. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was born Catholic, but i dont follow all the traditional belief they have. I still go to church though and believe in God. I'm not religious but I cant see living my life without faith. I think I am still holding on because of Him. I am not a good person but I guess growing up believing in something makes me more balance, my goodness and my evilness. I hope you can find something that you will believe in too.

19. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am the exact same (also Catholic)! I consider myself religious though, but not one of those extreme bible-banging types. I still observe some practices like abstaining from meat during Lent, etc. I found over time I pick and choose what I feel actually makes sense and what doesn't with the church's beliefs, practices, and teachings.

20. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are really serious about finding a religion, you need first to understand what the word "religion" means. This word, religion, is from the same root as "legal", or "delegate" or "obligatory" or "ligand"... these all come from the same Latin root: oligo, meaning to bind, or to tie oneself or another to some thing or idea or responsibility.

When seen in this way, that it is a binding commitment, do you consider yourself ready in all seriousness, to take on such a commitment?

I have come to realize in these later years of mine that the best religion is no-religion. That hyphen between "no" and "religion" is important, because there are certain so-called religious paths that are quite interesting to me at the moment: Buddhism is one such, not that I am advocating for it, but it is not really a religion in the sense that we in the West understand a religion to be. In this particular cosmology, the Universe has no Boss, hence, there is no Boss to worship, and no one to obey. It is a religion of no-religion in the sense that it rejects "religiosity", that is, it rejects all the things that allow the ego to inflate itself, as in: "I believe more than you" or "I am more religious than anyone, or more humble, or more tolerant than others" or "my religion is truer than all the others"...etc.

So Buddhism (or yoga, or zen) is a method for achieving a different kind of consciousness, one that is more in tune with reality than most, and I happen to think that this method may be just what the world needs, now more than ever.