1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I got a card from an ex friend now who attended my birthday party. If you look at past posts by me well yeah.

She attended my small get together, I believe I invited her everywhere. Any ways, in the card she gave me which was two months so she wrote that I was an amazing friend and she was lucky to have me. Also how much I was growing as a person.

So over a month passed and past posts explain what happen... in her texts she said she didn't feel she could be herself around me, I used her and ah I have a ton of issues ; also saying she doesn't think we can be friends. I gave her a cool off time and tried talking to her again, but when I have tried bringing up disagreement or feelings we both have had it's like nope she never wanted to resolve it.

Anyways, I wanted to give back the gift she gave me so she could use the gift card and well the words she wrote she must have not meant so... just wanted to give her it back.

2. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've returned gifts in the past from my ex relationships, but those were the times that I was hurt because of their actions towards me. It was hard to move on with having those around. But recently, for my birthday, my exhusband gave me a card and a gift like as if we are still together. I was pissed when I unwrapped the gift and wanted to return it coz for me he shouldn't be giving those to me. I mean he couldve chosen something thats not particularly for a wife. But then again after my feeling had settled down, I decided to keep it. Just because I dont want to make it a big deal. Just same as if I give him something, I dont want him to return it to me. But that's just me. The decision is really up to you.

3. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do not give the gift back, she gave it to you for a reason and plus if you give it back you will be opening up more room for disagreements which you girls clearly do not need anymore. Give it to a friend/person in need if you truly hate the thought of it being in your possession

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would just keep it and feel grateful she thought of you.

5. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We no longer talk though.

6. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, keep it. When your negative feelings have subsided seeing that thing might make you smile or something? Try to look at the positive side of things for it not to be a negative experience.

7. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have on and off days regarding it. She stated I used her. I sent her a message asking if she was angry with me and I got scared and said I wish her all the luck and hope she starts being happy. I was upset because of how I approached her about a discomfort I had prior and she acknowledged it briefly but then dissed me. No one likes to argue but I wanted to be able to resolve it and expressing me being upset I thought would help bring out the truth since things seemed off. I bring something up it's like well sorry but you do this. When I would try to understand by asking her when and how just to get a better understanding she cut the conversation off and when we'd hang out it's never discussed again. I don't get it. Someone who wrote me such a nice card then told me I have issues and I used her. How is me asking about hanging out and joining me with my friend using? I confided in her and she confided in me. I'd ask about hangout, relationship advice about an ex, and she would talk about how she just moved, how her date went, how we should hang out more by signaling when she was free. I asked her several times about helping her out to when she would complain about having to move etc. If I'm such a horrible person why did she hang out with me? Why did she want me around? Why did she push for us to be friends prior?

#7 Wolf123, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  8. Tallen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a mismatch the two of you are....no harmony... only a butting of heads, throwing up one another's faults so why continue in such a relationship....its like a car stuck in a mud hole spinning tires....your getting no where in this association....as for the card...if you keep it...some day down the road it will be brought up and held against you....I would send the card back and distance myself from the negativity & pain....

Wolf123 likes this.
  9. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sending the card back will do nothing but show how hurt you are. Just let it be. I think I commented earily that I did not think she like you like that. Cut your losses and learn from this situation.

Wolf123 and lovewine like this.