1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans dating

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rickystarr, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone know of any dating apps or anything similar specifically for trans/nb people? Particularly for trans people who want to date other trans people?

My fiancee and I finally broke up, not related to my transness directly. I'm kinda into the idea of dating transwomen (mostly because I want someone who understands me). I've heard of a lot of people in FTM/MTF relationships and it seems appealing to me but I don't even know how these people meet. I don't know a single transwoman IRL and I know like one transmasc person.

Anyone here in a double tran relationship and/or have any advice on meeting transwomen my age? I suppose I could get more involved in the trans community in general...

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or are there any apps that are particularly trans friendly even if that isn't its only purpose?

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ####### has options for trans people and I've met a couple trans guys on there in the past. I've also heard that ############ is pretty decent for trans people too. Might be worth signing up to a couple and just trying them out.

#3 Aberrance, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2022
  4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually met my ex on ####### several years ago. I'm on there now and I have seen a couple of transgirls on there but no one that particularly tickled my fancy. I tried ### several years ago and had no luck on there even before transitioning. Maybe I'll try it again though.

#4 Rickystarr, Aug 24, 2017
  5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met a couple of trans girls on ####### a couple years ago, before I realized I was one. Nothing happened, cause why would trans girls be any different than anyone else(also not totally being all that into girls probably didn't help), but they were there.

#5 BrookeVL, Aug 24, 2017
  6. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wonder if I would match with more transgirls on ####### if I said I was interested in men and women. I personally have mine set to where I only see bisexual girls because I'm still kinda apprehensive about straight girls at this point in my transition. Is that a common thing for other transfolk to do? The only problem being I'm not actually interested in men lol

#6 Rickystarr, Aug 24, 2017
  7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I wouldn't do that, unless you're interested in men.... I would say set it to all girls that way you're more likely to get trans girls. On your current settings, I wouldn't show up in your matches and such, so there's an example of a trans girl you might miss. lol Perhaps watch one of Stef Sanjati and Uppercase Chase's videos where they talk about dating as trans people for tips?

#7 BrookeVL, Aug 25, 2017
    Aberrance likes this.
  8. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I suppose I'm missing out on the straight ones with my current settings. I do love Stef and Chase as well but I haven't watched any videos for a few months.