1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A cute transguy I dorm with was leaning his head on my shoulder for like half an hour. I usually don't let people near me like that, but it felt really good.

Not sure how this is a victory per se, if only to say that it's pretty awesome. I don't think he is into me at all (though he is bi) but I really wouldn't know...

RegalRaven, Enea, harryfinn and 3 others like this.
  2. randomconnorcon

So many victories, Alec. I'm so happy for you!

3. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I changed one of my social media accounts to female pronouns and my preferred name (first/middle) the other day and making more of an effort to interact with it in an attempt at more fully exploring my gender identity ^_^

RegalRaven, Mihael, BrookeVL and 2 others like this.
  4. BreakinDaylight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had to wear a bright pink shirt for a school spirit thing so I was really worried I wouldn't pass as well, but I still managed to pass and I feel really happy about that

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have an Amazon cart full of makeup, but haven't ordered it yet(still haven't finished shopping). I figured out my skin tone (I'm a summer!), so now I have some idea of what colors should look good on me, so I'm building my first "kit." This is pretty big, considering a few days ago I was so intimidated by the whole makeup thing I was convinced I'd just stay the way I am and be all butch tomboy...

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i came out to a childhood friend the other day, she was great. told me that she was proud of me but she was going to kick my butt for taking so long to start to be happy.

7. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tomorrow I have my first appointment with a gender therapist, the last week we talked a lil bit in his office and he seemed okay, he even moved his schedule to take my case. Also in that general talk we had the last week, he told me that from what I said I would be able to get hrt soon. So yeah looking forward to that.

RegalRaven, Enea, Mihael and 4 others like this.
  8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So..... today I ordered some stuff from Target. Compression sports bras to hide the girls for (hopefully) only a month or so, and (the big exciting one!) a pair of pants for work! Hopefully I got the size right, this is my first pair of girl's pants.

Enea, looking for me and Mihael like this.
  9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This isn't particularly related to being trans, but tonight I was feeling really down (because of recent family issues and general depression) so I went where I usually go when I feel this way: the piano. There is this upright piano in the neighboring building to my dorm in a big recreation room, so there are usually a few people around. At any rate, I played and in that moment I felt so connected to the music I was playing. Every note I played expressed what I felt in such a surreal way that I lost track of my surroundings. The room had gone very quiet. When I finally hit the last note, everyone around burst into applause. I turned as red as a beet. They asked what my name was, told me I have to perform for people, that it was beautiful and made their night, and so forth. That just... it hit me. As a guy who struggles so much to find meaning and purpose through the pain that I feel every day, when I can make something that touches someone makes it all worth it.

10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's amazing, Alec

11. annag423

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure if this counts as a victory or not, but...

I was at work earlier this week, wearing my apron and presenting as feminine as I can, when this customer called me over to help her find something. She got my attention by calling me, "Miss! Miss!" which was great and then the way the display was set up she couldn't see my name tag which has the masculine form of my name on it. (Usually when customers take me as feminine it only lasts until they see the tag.) Anyways, we talked for a bit and then as I helped her find what she was looking for she finally saw the name tag and her eyes went up to my face and back down to the tag and then back up. She finally asked, "Is it the feminine form or the masculine form?" That's the first time I've ever been asked that.

I wasn't sure what to say to that so I just said, "It depends." And when she looked confused, I blurted out, "I'm Canadian so it goes either way."

I'm not comfortable enough to be out yet but I'm getting there and that excites me and terrifies me all at the same time.

RegalRaven, Enea and BreakinDaylight like this.
  12. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yesterday i went shopping in the men's section of the store and i bought two shirts! I've tried to buy boys/mens clothes before but they've always been poor fitting. So yesterday was the first time i tried them on in the fitting room and they fit me perfectly! I was so excited! I had a 'this is me' moment looking at myself in the knee-length bermuda shorts i wear for work and the men's t-shirt i was wearing. At the moment, it was beyond exciting.

After work, i was confused. I've been ignoring trying to figure it out, but now its being forced in my face by this sudden overwhelming desire to get a decent boy's wardrobe. Not to be a boy, but so i have the option. Can't decide if this means i'm bigender like i've been assuming or if this means i'm genderfluid...i'm not even sure of my own feelings to tell you the truth. Just that i think i would feel most at home if i had the freedom to dress and cut my hair however i want. Feeling like i need to pick out a middle name too though. Like my preferred name doesn't feel real cause its just a first name, now i need a middle name too.

#4092 AlexJames, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  13. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also...today i'm going to wear one of those two shirts that i bought! I'm excited. Not doing anything with my hair yet. Want to get my sister's opinion. I want to cut it but i'm scared to ask my mom to do it. Not paying just to get it cut. Just shoulder length, though, nothing more until i feel more confident, am more independent, and most importantly until i know what sort of gender neutral cut i want.

#4093 AlexJames, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Mihael likes this.
  14. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spent 90 dollars on makeup from Amazon....I'll actually have a makeup kit soon! Now let's see how long it takes me to do it without making me look like a clown. :laughing:

Enea and looking for me like this.
  15. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that was/is my fear as well. but i was told less is more. use colour corrector on beard shadow, then foundation. i just use eyeliner pencil for my eyes, maybe a little mascara. havent figured out eye shadow.

16. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I made myself a test binder. Ages ago i bought a dress and a slimming cami to go under it by maidenform, but i never actually wore the dress. It was for if mom decided to drag me to church. Haven't had the chance to see myself in the mirror with it yet though. I'm coming to the conclusion i might need to buy a mirror for the back of my closet door, having to use the bathroom mirror is annoying and insufficient. Buuut it felt slimming, like it was at least helping a little. Can't wait to see how much it actually slims me in the mirror. Problem is, if i like the look it for sure won't work. Whatever its made from feels too restrictive. But that's why i'm calling it a test binder...so i can see if this is worth pursuing. Cause actually buying even a compression bra will be tough, forget a real binder.

17. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure if it's the second time strangers at a meeting point pass me by because they're supposed to meet a girl and don't see her HEHEHEH...
    I follow them and ask their surname, then they ask: "Are you Danie...l...[undefined vowel]?" with a confused face.
    And breast and hips are still visible. It's just... the vibe B-)

Hell knows why non-strangers instead still treat me like a girl...

RegalRaven, Enea, Kodo and 1 other person like this.
  18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly I don't really get beard shadow anymore. It takes a few days neglect for the stubble to start being visible, really. Foundation should do the trick, I think. I have plenty of time to practice before I start wearing it in public, so I'll be fine.

looking for me likes this.
  19. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some friends are really wanting me to go to a salon... And I really wanna go too!

20. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh i forgot you have lighter hair, my beard i dark brown almost black even. so the shadow really comes through. i started laser a couple months ago and hope i can take the worst of it off that way.