1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out last weekend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by olalola, Aug 25, 2017.

1. olalola

This is a sort of update to this thread that I posted a few months ago - thanks to everyone who replied to me by the way.

I came out last weekend. My parents are fine with it. My friend however, whom the old thread above is about, hasn't spoken to me since. It's acceptable she might just need some time to adjust, but we'll see how things go from here.

So far though, no regrets. Even if my friend decides she doesn't want to speak to me again, I wasn't prepared to remain closeted to maintain the illusion of some sort of friendship.

:v:

#1 olalola, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations olalola!:thumbsup:It took courage to Come Out, but now you can just be 'you'!:slight_smile:

It's great that your parents were so accepting. As far as you friend, goes, I agree that she may just need time to process what you told her. After all, you are not in any way a different person that you were before you Came Out to her, it's just that she now knows something very personal and private about you that she didn't know before. If, for some reason, she can't accept that you are a lesbian, then that is her problem. It would suck to lose a friend, but if she can't accept you for who you really are, then she wouldn't be much a friend anyway.

I wish you all the best!
    Stay Strong!

3. Taraeos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huge congratulations on coming out, that's great news! It can't have been easy knowing how your friend might react, but it's great that your parents are supportive.

Regarding the situation with your friend- I agree with Quantumreality. It might be that she just needs a moment to process this. I do wonder if she's perhaps a little insecure about herself, or over thinks the implications of perhaps having a friend that likes the same gender and what it might mean for your relationship (however misguided that might be). But then again, if she can't accept you, as painful as it might be in the short term, it may be best to distance yourself from her and find people who do accept you and make you feel comfortable about your sexuality. After all, that's what friends should do right?