1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painfull legs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Loves books, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Loves books

Everytime I shave my legs they burn like I set them on fire. I have tried everything to stop it I have tried every razor going and different shaving creams but I still end kph with really bad razor burn and about ten cuts on each leg. Is there anything good for soothing skin.

#1 Loves books, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. J4yy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a hard time with razors because Im allergic to the little gel strips most come with. That could be your issue or the amount of pressure you are using could be to much. I have since movied on to making my own honey wax for my legs because it doesn't hurt as much for me. You could try other ways of hair removal. There is a lot out there, shaving is just usually the fastest.

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When i was younger i used too much pressure shaving so that was irritating for my skin. Not to the point of breaking the skin, but enough to irritate it bad. So you could be doing that too, or you could be allergic to something. Have you tried different razors? There are so many kinds. Some might be scented, some have gel strips, etc. Perhaps you're allergic or intolerant to something about the razor or the cream.

4. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi Loves books:

Some people get "razor burn" quite readily. Softening the hair with a product or warm (not hot) water before shaving can help reduce this as can rinsing your legs with cold water afterward.

If those things don't help then you may have "sensitive skin", which can be triggered by lots of things - including the temperature of the water that you're using. An internet search can show you the most common triggers and how to avoid them and possibly help you figure out what's causing this reaction - my particular issue is often the fragrance that is added to products.

pH is also an issue for some people - if cleansing/shaving products leave your skin overly dry then the products you're using may be too alkali so you'd want to look for products that have a balanced pH. If it's possible try using a product that has a very limited amount of ingredients - that way if you react you might be closer to figuring out just what is causing the difficulty.

Some natural items that can be used on their own to help soothe your skin include witch hazel, aloe vera or oatmeal. You can also buy products with these in them as ingredients but again you'd have to be careful that there wasn't something else in there that was going to trigger a reaction. Stores often have "testers"' that you can try a sample from before purchasing.

Good luck!

#4 wickedwitch, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    J4yy likes this.
  5. LeticiaTheLesbo

Hey if shaving is that big of an issue you could try waxing

J4yy likes this.
  6. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual