1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She's hard to read... Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alias2359, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Alias2359

I've been having feelings for an older woman at work for 3-mths. I'm in my mid-thirties. She's in her early 50's. We're both nurses. She used to be my supervisor. But, no longer as I have transferred to another ward (against my will).

I initiated texting with her. I don't text her everyday, but, sometimes when I have helped her in some ways, she would send me a blow kiss emoticon. I try not to read too much into it, as I know some girls frequently text such emoticons. It may be that she is just being friendly.

The problem here is that we are both painfully shy in person. We hardly acknowledge each other when we meet. I am usually the one who initiates texting... she seldom does, but, would always reply me with warmth.

I am falling hard for her and don't know how to tell her. We are both Christians, which is really a huge obstacle in itself. She is single... soft spoken and shy. I don't know if she prefers men or women. I don't think she knows that I prefer women (I am very closeted).
    How do I know if she likes me? How do I pursue an extremely shy woman? Should I stop texting her since I am initiating most of the time?

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fact that you initiate the texting, could just translate to her being shy. Why don't you try coming out to her. I know it's a scary thought, but if you were to ever tell her how you feel, she'd know anyway. Just tell her you're into women, but leave out the bit where you tell her you're falling for her, until after she responds. And then, according to whatever she responds with, you take things further or keep to yourself. That's how I would've handled it if I were in your shoes

3. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What about just asking her what her plans are for the upcoming week or weekend? and then asking her if she would like to go for a coffee or for a walk or for a bite to eat when shes free. I would be thinking of it as asking a friend not as a big date.
    Personally I think you can only get to know someone face to face not through texts or emails. If shes interested in you as a friend or potential partner then she will make time to meet you. After that if it goes well, I'd wait for her to initiate a further outing/meeting.
    I wouldnt keep texting her all the time,if shes interested she will come to you.All friendships/relationships should be equal I think not one person persuing another.

4. Alias2359

I cooked something for her today and left it on her desk. No word from her. I think she's trying to say she's not interested.

I did ask if I should back off and she said I didn't need to. Maybe she's too nice to say 'no'.

5. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, I think I would leave her to it now and let her initiate contact with you in the future.It doesnt sound like shes interested from what you say.
    Are there any GLBT things like interest groups in your area you could join? then at least you would be meeting like minded people for fun and friendship.

6. Alias2359

Oh, she just replied. She said she was too busy and that my cooking is yummy. Maybe there's hope.

7. Tallen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's tuff having a crush on someone and not knowing how they feel. I don't want to discourage you but something you need to think about is that your on a work site and if she is straight and sensed your advancements she could file a sexual harassment case against you and you could lose employment. It seems you have been pretty obvious to her (food) on her desk? How many other co-workers do that for a single individual? Her response of being busy with a compliment does not sound promising to me.

8. Alias2359

I fish regularly and it's not often that one gets to eat fresh caught fish. She said she likes fresh fish and that's why I cooked.

I text her about once or twice a week.