1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had another talk

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ARCangel, Aug 21, 2017.

1. ARCangel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    so I'm out to my mom now. She knows but doesn't believe me. She still thinks this is a mistake and tries to convince me I'm wrong, but now she listens to my side of the story as well as stating her point. We agreed on waiting and watching this problem develop for a bit to help us choose the correct course of action. Until then, I still have to live as a guy.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ARCangel,

Congratulations on being Out to your mom!:thumbsup:I'm sorry that she doesn't take you seriously, though. Have you tried to provide her with information on gender identity so that she can become better informed? Do you think you might convince her to attend a local support group (assuming there is one nearby) for parents of LGBTQ children?

#2 Quantumreality, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  3. ARCangel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    The thing she's trying to avoid are LGBT groups and such. She told me to keep this between us so we/I could keep our friends and not look bad especially since I'm grade eight it's a vulnerable year. Most of our family Friends don't know what LGBT is they might understand gay relationships but not trans queer etc. In other words, she doesn't want our family dragged into this especially since I have 2 younger brothers. Added to that she doesn't think I'm serious so she doesn't want to raise the false alarm. I don't agree with her on keeping quiet, but my parents are conservative with their history of moving and settling( right now we are in Canada, just got citizenship) so they don't want any unessary attention or trouble.