1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The voice problem

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MouthofMadness7, Aug 21, 2017.

1. MouthofMadness7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lately, I've been trying to practice my feminine voice but no matter how hard i try I still sound like a guy. I hate it, even when people tell me that I have a nice deep and masculine voice. I don't wanna sound to high pitched but at least feminine, any help?

2. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your vocal cords are just like any muscle; the more you work it the better it will be. Problem is when you talk in a low tone all the time you're not really using the higher pitch of your vocal chords. What I did to fix that was found a female singer that sounded like the pitch I wanted and sung a lot. Even if it sucks (which it will at first) you're still training your vocal chords. Soon you'll find that you're straining less and less to do it, in which case you then want to learn how to lock at a higher pitch you like and expand your range. Watch videos of women talking and focus on how they don't talk in a monotone style like guys; it's more sing-songy if anything. It's hard to do in a lower pitch but surprisingly easier to emulate when you use a higher one. It took me quite a while to get my deep baritone voice up to stealth, but it is possible with lots of practice. Now I can pull off sounding like both my Mom and my Dad whenever I want.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, the inflection is the hardest part. That's what I'm struggling with. I haven't bothered changing the pitch since my natural pitch is one that could go either way (though when I think about it that might be a bad thing as it could perhaps increase my chances at being misgendered, especially on the phone.)