1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being paranoid?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by geekyboy18, Aug 12, 2017.

1. geekyboy18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So basically, I've met a guy through a gay dating app and we've been getting along really well. He messages me each night to talk. But, I haven't met him yet, because he says his mother has had a car accident and is in the hospital. That isn't the problem, I've told him I understand. The problem is that whilst waiting for him to message me when he is coming home, I sometimes see that he is on the same app that I met him. When I call him, he doesn't respond, but he does text me back saying that he's busy with his mum an he can't talk right now. I'm also worried that I mucked up my chances with him, because I tried to call him this morning and he sent a text message saying: "stop it, or I'm going to get annoyed". I immediately texted back saying sorry, but I didn't get any reassurance from his end saying that's ok, and I'm worried about that. Does it sound like I'm being paranoid?

2. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long since you met him? If it's only a few weeks he may find it a bit much with his mum being in hospital. Also, are you and he on the same page? Like are you thinking of him as a boyfriend and he is thinking 'I'll see where this goes'? I guess I'm asking what is your relationship status.

Or are you concerned that everything seems to be on his terms?

3. geekyboy18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never met him to answer your first question. We were on the same page, as in we both thought of each other as boyfriends. He used to call me every night, but a couple of nights ago he stopped, and does not contact me, so as far as I know, nothing is going to happen with him from this point forward.

4. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it sounds like maybe you invested a lot emotionally very quickly when it was still early days? Is that a fair characterisation?

If so then it might be something for you to be aware of in future.

5. geekyboy18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice Barbatus. Yeah, I guess I did get too emotionally invested with him, and that is probably the reason the relationship failed. I'm dating another guy at the moment, and we seem to getting along quite well, but I'm trying to take your advice in mind with him, and not got become so emotionally attached so quickly.

6. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad the new relationship is going well. Yeah, it's just about keeping things on an even keel. Hope it goes well.

geekyboy18 likes this.