1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate LGBTQA community

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by dudette, Aug 16, 2017.

1. dudette

But I think that as part of LGBT, I see myself as normal, and not abnormal; thus, outside of LGBT, but at the same time I see heterosexuals and cisgenders as part of LGBT because they belong with us, and we belong with them. As part of LGBT, I see no point of division between LGBT and non-LGBT. Therefore, I see them as equal (it has nothing to do with thinking of being better than them, but the division which is among us, and misunderstanding between us, and the hate which some of us create between both sides (both LGBT and non-LGBT are the cause of the hate)).

#21 dudette, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just some food for thought:

If you've been meeting people in the lgbtqa community and speaking to them in the way you speak in these posts, they likely don't feel warm fuzzy welcoming vibes from you. Your posts are aggressive and people don't warm very much to aggressiveness.

I think I'm a relatively respectful person to people from all walks of life. For that reason I've experienced mostly good things from most people, with a few assholes and crappy experiences sprinkled in from people in all groups. Certainly there are presumptions and stereotypes in culture that drive some bad experiences with people, but again none of my good or bad experiences can be generalised to come from one group. You might find that if you tone down your negativity, good things will follow for you.

#22 baristajedi, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And also I'd like to say; there's something interesting to be gained from noting where you make your generalisations. There's a reason you are generalising about lgbtqa people versus other groups. If you're able to take your experiences with other groups of people and reason out that they are not representative of their demographic group, but you cannot do the same with lgbtqa people this shows a definite bias, a fear, an internal struggle. The problem lies with you, not with others. Look inside yourself to find the answers.

#23 baristajedi, Aug 17, 2017
    DirectionNorth likes this.
  4. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "even though they are heterosexuals and cisgenders, they still sympathize with us, and they understand us, and they do not see us as different."

I don't know where you live but I definitely have different experiences concerning some of them...

DirectionNorth likes this.
  5. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad that you have had those experiences and sorry that some LGBT people aren't angels.
    The community is too big to generalise, but most people I have met are caring and don't hate on het/cis people. Just het/cis peopleā„¢ (Bigots)
    But also, if you've experienced their bigotry to any extreme, you will always feel wary. Yes some people don't agree with LGBT but when they're kicking their kids out of their home, bullying them and abusing them then I think that gives us some insentive to be cautious.

baristajedi and DirectionNorth like this.
  6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Responding is fruitless as you are not really listening to anything anyone is saying, I don't think you should be banned although maybe that is what you really want.

baristajedi likes this.
  7. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree 100% with this. And while in the city I live in now, for the most part it's accepted, except for some homophobes here and there, I would've never come out where I used to live.

And I live in America as well, there are a TON of places here where alot of lgbt struggle and hide and are actually hurt (even by family.)

While I've had mostly ok experiences and haven't been really damaged, I'm at least aware of what others have to go through and have been through. There are alot of straight allies, but we do have a hell of a long way to go in terms of acceptance in almost every country. And not just in the Middle East (since apparently that's the only area on earth where there are homophobic people.)

8. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should note as well, that you came onto a forum, told us you hate us, and then every single person from this community you hate has responded respectfully and engaged in dialogue with you.

So much for your theory that lgbtqa people are awful human beings.

#28 baristajedi, Aug 17, 2017
    OGS and DirectionNorth like this.
  9. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean I like your comment as in i agree with you, not that I like that you've had some crappy experiences.

10. dudette

Thanks everyone for the dialogue, and sorry for being aggressive, but these things didn't let me sleep for a long time now. :slight_smile:

11. dudette

Additionally, I have met too many LGBT assholes in a row (online and irl) which really made me depressed about the community as a whole.

12. Destroyed

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What lgbtq+ sees heteros as unequal? Till they influence laws that dont fully protect all. Till some commit hate crimes to lgbtq+ people and in the media they make them into jokes or shameful caricatures like beauty and the beast-disney acting like its soooo lethal and showcase a destructive version of lgbtq+ to kids but yeah no problem, still lgbtq+ reality is put as pedophilia when educating kids that they are okay, on healthy living etc but heteros are allowed to push their hetero culture in cartoons & society on only bf&gf option, that hetero love is the romantic one only and sweet,lgbtq+ is wrong perversion, also cisgender option is only right, leaving lgbtq+kids on their own suffering, with no support and later mentally damaged.

I guess maybe your own your own journey of self awareness. Hope you just wont regret this moments, cause your hate is tipping into the zones that push one to commit hate crimes.

Also am really curious on what kind of self acceptance you have with this heteros in your life that are aaaall sooooooo self accepting of you to the point they have you hating and turning against your own community for basic stuff. I mean what conversations do you guys have, is it the i accept you but we get to only talk on hetero stuff but you are to remain silent, or have awkward silence when you talk on queer life? where your queerness is brushed off for being too uncomfortable, in favour of only hetero talks on relationships and life always, or is it all encompassing, to allow you room to share the most intimate and most embarrasing queer stuff in your life. Do they allow you to talk on educating kids on lgbtq+ stuff, like heteros do. I wonder how that convo will turn out. Where they are genuinely wanting to know how your fairing in the whole of you, not for curiosity but cause as you said its just normal and equal.

Its quite hurtful when you claim lgbtq+ feel superior to heteros, yet you claim you've been to europe and the whole of the west. Yet in germany adoption or right to children is an issue equally same in other west european countries, in france trans are castrated, in the U.S some states with bathroom laws, where even benefits for a gay couple in workplaces is an issue or one can be fired etc lgbtq+ hate crimes are always occuring. No gay marriage in switzerland and some european countries. Etc etc I wonder in this utopian world of yours on aaall heteros are sooo fair and just to lgbtq+ , why then is all this hate still allowed? Why is the hate even there in preventing equal rights in law, protecting lgbts from persecution and discrimination?

13. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be getting some hate, but I can sympathize a little. Assholes are everywhere. I too have experience with disliking a lot of LGBT people I meet, but I also dislike a lot of straight people I meet, and like straight/LGBT people I meet. There are always going to be individuals with their own agenda.

dudette likes this.
  14. dudette

I do not hate LGBTQ+. When it comes to politics then (at least in my generation) most of people know it will change because acceptance of LGBTQ+ is growing , and I can see that in the west and east (I lived/studied only in one country in the east and one country in the west). Additionally, I live in a country where adoption and marriage are not legal; however, I do have rights, and I can sue or go to police when I am persecuted for being LGBTQ+, and these rights I really enjoy, so if I loose my job or if I get beaten up because I was holding hands with my BF then I have rights which protect me (I can take direct measures which would punish the person who persecuted me for being LGBTQ+).
    This is one of the reason why I think you live in africa or middle east because LGBTQ+ there have no rights at all, so they could be killed just for being LGBTQ+, and there would be no consequences for them like in east and west Europe. Furthermore, I agree it could be better yes, but I am also seeing the progress which now allows me to be happy, safe and proud for being LGBTQ+ (at least in Europe).

I didn't mean that "lgbtq+ feel superior to heteros", but "lgbtq+ make negative stereotypes of heteros in which they are seen as stupid or ignorant"; thus, they are isolating themselves from heteros (making a very specific line LGBTQ+ vs non-LGBTQ+, so no hetero is allowed to be part of LGBTQ+ and no LGBTQ+ is allowed to be part of non-LGBTQ+). I did turn against the LGBTQ+ in this thread because I just seen to much hate within our own community. For example I talked to this transgender person who was bullied by the LGBTQ+ community for not being "stereotypical transgender", I have talked to asexual person who doesn't recognize most of asexuals as asexuals, but only as sexually confused people. I have talked to a gay who thinks that bisexuals are just in the closets because they are attracted to the opposite gender. I met this person who called me self-hating bisexual because I am happy, proud for being bisexual and I do not feel persecuted in my own country for being bisexual. I have seen some LGBTQ+ members saying that it is anti-LGBTQ+ to believe in God or to be religious (in their opinion, if you are LGBTQ+ then you have to become an atheist). What is the justice of this?

#34 dudette, Aug 17, 2017
  15. Destroyed

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all am from La Crosse and second if your country has no gay marriage and gay adoption rights and your all cool, equally attacking lgbtq+ to the point of hate, based on basic stuff, even classifying equal rights for trans, lgbq+ as politics. Am confused.Also isolating themselves from the hetero community? Ummm all ill say is, call up disney and most kids network and tell them that bit, maybe make shows of lgbtq+ kids.Last also i checked, heteros are free to go to gay bars, while lgbtq+ can go to straight bars and kiss and makeout like heteros freely even in the south of the US of A. Right? Same with Trans and queer folks right? Do you even know why gay bars exist? All this lgbtq+ safe spaces?

Am sorry but you still have a long road to walk, just wish you the best in your journey.

And your serious views on "Some anti lgbtq+ think it is anti lgbtq to be this and that...." lgbtq+ opinions of a few based on your own anti equality country, where lgbtq+ are still second class citizens, which in turn makes your community hurt each day in pain, you can barely see that but your more concerned on hating them all for this few, but are cool with most heteros giving no equal rights for lgbtq+ on important aspects of fulfilling their lives to their healthy ends like familial, inheritance rights,healthcare rights etc i mean they are soo protesting for that equality, right?

I am speechless. Says lots on the internal struggles you have and I wish you well, in your journey to authentic self. Its not all about being killed and attacked that means equality, its about true equality, health, family,marriage, tax benefits of married couples,access to the same things a heterosexual individual, the access given to that individual should be given to a lgbtq+ individual. They arent paying tax, to be ommited from marriage to the partners of their choices and benefits that come with it. Equally healthy visibility in media from childhood to adulthood. And much more.

Jon Jon likes this.
  16. Jon Jon

Jon Jon Guest

What's a stereotypical transgender?

17. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The *literal* title of this thread is I hate lgbtqa community