1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you prefer your hair?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sealgirl19, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Sealgirl19

Do you like it long or short?

Growing up when I had to cut my hair (mostly due to my scalp being sensitive to chemicals) I used to feel a little self-conscious about it. Kids would tease me, call me a boy, and made me feel bad about myself.

I'm 25 now and I've grown past grade school and I cut my hair short again. I feel in love with it plus it's grade because I sweat a lot in my head and short hair is low maintenance. Since cutting my hair I've been getting a lot of attention and complements. I've always loved short hair but back then I felt a little weird about it because kids are jerks.

Anybody have a preference for hair length on themselves? Or anybody went throw a similar experience growing up?

2. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Until 3rd grade, my hair was past the back of my knees, then at the end of 3rd grade I cut it, short in the back to longer in the front (I wanted to donate) Then in 6th grade, my hair was down to the middle of my back and I shaved the side and dyed it all purple (top) faded into blue (ends). I got very upset with the comments I got about having my hair like that so I grew the shaved part out and tried to get the dye out as fast as possible. Now, my hair is down to my waist and back to it's normal color.

3. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always wanted it long as a kid but wasn't allowed to. My mother liked the low maintenance of a short cut and then later on she didn't like the why I looked with long hair. Now it's been medium length for years. It's most of the time short in the back, long in front. I really like it that way. It doesn't feel right when its really short and really long is too much maintenance for me.

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've gone through stages of hair length since I could speak. Having it long, cutting it short, growing it out again, cutting it, you get the drift. I had my hair at a short-ish length and dyed it purple, but after some time, I grew tired of it as it was too much maintenance. I don't like spending more than 5 minutes on my hair. So now I have it very short, and it's dyed deep red/auburn.

I have a tattoo behind my ear that is shown off pretty well now that my hair is short, so think for the sake of that, and the sake of simplifying and minimizing time spent on my hair, I will keep my hair this length. It's just more practical.

Besides, whenever I've had long hair, it'd be in a ponytail most of the time because I hate having hair in my neck and/or face. So it was basically a waste to have it long but never show it off. So yeah, with that said - short hair all the way!

5. Twist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually somewhere between here...
    [​IMG]
    And here...
    [​IMG]

I prefer my hair long enough to let me cover the scar on my cheek if I feel the need. Prior to chemo I had sleek straight hair, and would let it grow longer between cuts. After chemotherapy, my hair came back in with curl to it and it looks too messy if I don't keep it above the shoulders.

6. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like my hair fairly short. Right now I sport a Beatles style mop-top.

I had long hair as a kid but I hated it. My parents wouldn't let me chop it all off at once, but they let me gradually go shorter until in the end I had a really short military cut. Then I began growing it back out again to what I have now. I like the length it is now, and for some reason I pass as male way better with the mop-top than when it was shorter.

7. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    <-- More or less the way I have it in my avatar. I used to get buzz cuts through most of college, but I no longer prefer that and don't like when you can see my scalp through such short hair. I used to have shaggier hair in high school, but that now seems to me too juvenile.

8. mlm1234

mlm1234 Guest

like ghostbusters kate mckinnon, saw it wanted it, got it

9. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had it long for ages, I used to want full on Rapunzel hair. But it just got frizzy and loads of split eds, so now I keep as a bob which looks a lot better

10. Kate Kane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i've always loved short hair, but i only got it cut in december. my hair used to go down to my back when straightened, so it was a pretty drastic change.

its long on the top and short at the back and sides. i don't get teased much, but i confuse little kids a lot, although i kinda like that mystery surrounding my gender.

i kinda want to shave the sides/back of my head completely but i'm too afraid to.

11. DayByDay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All my life, I've had long, straight brunette hair. I never took care of it though, and honestly I've always wanted to try really short hair. So in June of 2016, I cut my hair (which was almost down to my waist) basically all off. It was so short, and I got mistaken for a boy every now and then but I honestly loved it. I got a lot of comments about it though, and a lot of kids in my grade thought I was gay because of it. I mean I am bisexual but nobody at school thought I wasn't straight before I cut it. So, I grew it out a little bit so that it was still very short but it was a more feminine cut and I loved that as well. I still got stuff for it all the time and occasionally still got mistaken for a boy, even though I don't really dress particularly masculine and it honestly was a very feminine cut. So I decided to grow it out again, this time completely. I'm in a really awkward stage with it right now and I honestly would just prefer to keep it short but I'm going into high school in like 2 weeks and I know things will get worse if I don't grow it out. It's weird though because my hair has always been super straight and it's growing back really wavy. It's not curly, but it has natural waves. My hairdresser told me that my hair might just be naturally wavy, and because my hair is so thick it might just have naturally straightened itself. Who knows? I don't want it quite as long as it was before, so probably a little longer than shoulder length. My hairdresser said I might hit that point by December. My hair grows really fast apparently. Also sorry for the really long response, I just like venting about this because I'm really frustrated with the state of my hair right now.

12. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a guy, and I like short hair on myself and other guys. Some guys can pull off longer hair, but I'm really into the whole "cleancut quiff" thing. On the shorter side, though, not too long. Like Shawn Mendes or Dylan O'Brien.

On girls I think it really depends on the person. Some girls rock short hair, and some rock long hair. Some rock somewhere in between. Like P!nk has that awesome rocker girl vibe that lends great to short hair. I can't imagine her with long hair. One woman I love with short hair is Robin Wright. There's something about her as Claire Underwood with that short hair that I can't get enough of.

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I prefer and look better with short hair that's pulled back. I'm mixed. If I leave my hair out, it will start to swell and end up overtaking me completely. I've been wanting to shave my head (for lack of maintenance) but according to my mom, I don't have the face/head shape for a bald head and if I did do this it would look terrible.

14. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I may, I don't think shaggy hair would suit your appearance if you were to get it now. The style you have in your profile looks good on you.

15. 7th Axis

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Short and low maintenance is the way for me. I used to have it insanely long, and I vowed I'd never cut it. Then I did on impulse one day because I was sick of taking care of it and never looked back.

16. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Did argue too much as a child, don't really care now - rarely even comb it. XD

Only prefer it longer over the back of my neck and ears in fall&winter season,
    i hate it that i else get goose bums.

17. kenn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just let my hair grow the way I wants to, not much more them that besides washing it and cutting it when it begins to pose problems with my lifestyle/climate

18. Loves books

My hair was always a couple of inches above my hips when I was a child but when I was about 14 I realised how young I looked and cut it to my shoulders. I only cut my hair once a year it hasn't been its current length for years. The shortest I ever had it was a bob I hated it. I just ask the hairdresser for a cut as short as it can be while all of it being long enough to tie back because I hate my hair lying on my neck or in my face.

19. Keiff Ti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like medium length. Im about to try a faded undercut in the next week or so.

20. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you :smile: I agree completely and I won't be losing this look anytime soon!