1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Fears

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grass, Aug 12, 2017.

1. grass

grass Guest

Post your worst fear and react to the one above yours.

Mine is somebody breaking into my house. Sometimes I stay up at night just listening to the house. A couple months ago some guy was looking in my mom's car and more recently my mom caught some guy in -running away mode- in our yard. My door doesn't have a lock on it. Just a big hole where a lock should be. And I don't have a phone in my room. And I guess those creepy stories on Reddit don't help either.

2. 7th Axis

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh goodness no, robberies terrify me. My family has a tendency to leave the doors open all night if I don't check them, so I definitely understand the paranoia. We caught a person running away from the house next door scrapping copper pipes once, which was spooky.

My worst fear? Probably needles. I often find the needles worse than anything that comes afterwards. I had to get an MRI recently and the doctor was surprised when I was completely okay with the enclosed space of the machine - but was panicky over the contrast needle they had to stick in my arm.

3. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That would freak me out! I have spent many nights awake listening to the house so I understand that feeling.

I can swim, but I am terrified of water when I can not see or feel the bottom. I have had a fear of drowning since I was a little kid and that pretty much keeps me land bound.

4. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love swimming, and though I've never really been afraid of drowning, I'm am afraid of the idea of something pulling me under from down in the water, like jaws/doctor who/ pretty much every water/mud based horror film.

My worst fear is something coming out the mirror and attacking me, which sounds weirdly specific but I have this room in my house where there are two massive mirrors and you can't see into both at the same time, but you'll always keep catching yourself in one of them out of the corner of your eye. So when it's dark and your alone and you've been an idiot staying up reading horror stories, it's absolutely awful. That or spiders, nasty little Athena hating bugs, I'm with Annabeth on them.

5. DayByDay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so my fear is going to sound stupid compared to some of the other ones posted here. That said, I have something called Emetophobia, which is the intense fear of vomiting or other people vomiting. It will literally keep me up at night if I'm nauseous, which I am frequently because of a chronic illness I have. I see a therapist for anxiety and it's one of the things I've had to work on with her.

6. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Things I'm Deadly Afraid Of:
    - Spiders
    - Clowns
    - Heights
    - Snakes
    - Lighting
    - Needles
    - Sharks
    - Depths in oceans/lakes/seas
    - Ghosts

7. DayByDay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg I can totally relate to that. I found a spider in my bed like a week and a half ago and I've been sleeping on the couch in my living room every night since.

8. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being wrongly convicted of a crime.

9 day's after my 16 birthday I was wrongly convicted on false testimony and held for 43 days until my aunt decided to drop the charges. I was terrified and miserable and had no idea when I would get out. ( there were people in there who had been waiting 14 months for a court date) I went kind of crazy started talking to myself, I was telling myself stories, and hearing voices. Also I was worried the world might end while I'm in there and nobody would come to work so I would be left in a cell to die.

9. Loves books

Being wrongly convicted would be horrifying.

I'm scared of a lot of things, anything with more than four legs I'm terrified of, I listen to Netflix when I sleep so I can't hear anything else and I plan what to do if someone breaks in, I'm scared of the dark, very very scared of the dark. I sleep with the light on and I won't step outside my house at night. We live in the country so it's usually pitch black. When it's dark I'm convinced someone's coming out of the shadows even in my own room. I'm scared my parents and the people i love are going to die.

#9 Loves books, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  10. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I am afraid of spiders, snakes, centipedes, sharks, heights, dying in general/dying too young. And still afraid of the dark a little bit, but not too bad (but it is the main reason why I never watch horror movies).

However, two of my biggest fears are dying alone, and not getting anywhere in life. I am an ambitious person, but also super lazy, and I am so afraid of being stuck in a mediocre job, and not being able to support myself (or any future family I may have).

11. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also afraid of dying specially without saying goodbye to my family/friends.

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The death of loved ones, especially via suicide. I already get nervous whenever my dad calls me in the morning because I fear losing my grandparents (I lost my first last year) and I had the scariest moment of my life on Friday morning.

My best friend/boy of my dreams left me a single dark message on Skype -- Jesus' last words according the Bible -- but I was already asleep so I didn't see it until hours later. I knew he was having a rough night already so this made me absolutely panic. I sent a bunch of messages but didn't get a response, but I managed to convince myself that he was just sleeping and being cryptic and that there was another logical explanation (I've never really believed he'd do something like that and he had assured me as much), and eventually I even managed to fall back asleep myself. A short time later I woke up again and my panic returned as he still hadn't answered. I'm not the most religious person in the world, but I did some serious praying and bargaining, saying I'd be willing to lose the most important relationship I have if only he'd be okay, and failing that to take me instead. It then occurred to me I could actually call him on Skype rather than just text and maybe the ring would wake him up. It didn't. It rang for what seemed like forever and then gave up, and I just laid in my bed and cried for about a minute and a half before I snapped myself out of it and convinced myself to try again. I've never felt more hopeless or defeated.

It rang several times again, but then the screen showed we were connected. Nobody said anything for a couple seconds until I choked out his name. He didn't even realize who was calling and didn't recognize my voice (we've only really talked via text up until this point) and then I managed to get out "Are you okay?" He was very confused and I was like "Do you realize the message you left me with last night?" and we talked it out for a couple minutes before I had to get off and just openly sob in relief. It turns out that although a biblical passive, it's also a lyric in a System of a Down song and he likes to give me random lyrics sometimes. I realize I am a total spaz and completely overreacted, but for two minutes or so I actually believed he might be dead and I could never describe what that felt like. I would never, ever get over that or forgive myself from being unable to save him. He means so much to me and it's just the most sickening feeling in the world to think about losing him. I'm still a little shaken two days later and just re-living that in my head makes me cry.

I'm so incredibly lucky to have so few experiences with death at my age (my great grandmother when I was in elementary school, my dog in middle school, and my grandfather last year), but as horrific as those instances were losing someone to suicide would be exponentially worse. I never, ever want to feel like that again, and I know if something like that ever happened with someone I really cared about it would just destroy me. I've never had a suicidal thought of my own, fortunately, but if that ever happened I'm pretty sure I'd envy the dead.

13. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being murdered or my pets being harmed. A fire breaking out and my fish tank being destroyed and my fish dying.

14. amylase

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess the pain of being murdered would scare me, not sure how scared I am of dying as a concept even if it was pain-free. I love my doggos. Fire scares me because my window is a 2-story drop with no help whatsoever. Yep campfires are a+, lol

I think my worst fear is causing someone I care about pain. Like, I'd rather be the last one of all my friends / S.O. to die just because I don't want to die and hurt them, but know that I can't help because, well, I'm dead.

15. grass

grass Guest

gee thanks emily u wanna watch me die. i get it.

16. Lizz10

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    being alone is one of my greatest fears, I need human interaction to survive, else I'd get lonely

17. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My worst fear is heights. I guess fear of falling would be the more accurate term. As soon as I'm on a hill/mountain/high staircase I feel like a sphere that could just roll down at any time.

I'm also completely terrified of being seen in a position of weakness. That's why I can't sleep unless I'm alone in the room, and when I use public toilets I'm paranoid about checking it's locked and having my hand on the door if possible. I won't even brush my teeth or wash my hands with people watching. I'm surprised more people aren't like this, or at least they don't mention it, because it seems like a solid evolutionary survival trait.