1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you first find out about your sexuality ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SomeAverageBoy, Aug 11, 2017.

1. SomeAverageBoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like for example at a certain point in your life, something happened that either made you start questioning or made you realise you were the way you are
    I'd love to share mine but, it's kinda complicated and I don't remember exactly, oops

2. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I first started questioning being straight in 2015. There was this girl at my school and we started talking (around November) and we became really good friends. And then in like mid January I just got a feeling towards her. At first I didn't really know what it was. Like, I was really happy around her, my mind went completely blank when we would hang out and talk, and I only had that feeling when I was with her. Then, around March-ish I just faced that fact that I liked her. In the begging of 2016's school year, we started talking a lot more again, we were in cheer together, and we had a lot of classes together. I still kinda liked her but I tried not to because she had a new boyfriend. But while all of that was happening, I started talking to another girl and I really really liked her. Like, WOO! she was, she was just perfect. At this point I was positive I liked girls. So it was around the end of February and me and this girl we talking about something that happened at school that day with the 2 of us. And out of nowhere she called me just to physically tell me that she liked me and that she did for a while.

I don't want to type the rest on here so if you would like to know what happened after that or when I first realized I am gender fluid, Just message me.

3. ShortButSweet

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known I was gay since my teens and always struggled with it. Since coming out as lesbian in my 30s it feels like a massive weight has been lifted. I've dated women before but always ended up in relationships with men. I feel liberated now :slight_smile:

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bit of a tricky question to answer. I became aware of a strong and continuing attraction to other boys while I was at school... around the age of 13-14, but I refused to accept it at that time. In my heart I think I knew I was gay, but I also knew that being gay was regarded negatively and with a certain amount of hostility, so I suppressed the truth. I'd read that it might also be a phase and that didn't help either. When I look back, there were earlier signs that I might be gay... I'd say around the age of 8 or 9, but I didn't really put 2+2 together.

5. DayByDay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't really remember a time when I didn't question my sexuality. I've pretty much always known I wasn't straight but for a myriad of reasons, I was never able to admit it to myself. It wasn't until like 1.5/2 years ago, when I liked a girl so much that it was pretty much impossible for me to be straight, that I even allowed myself to think about it.

6. imacoolkid

imacoolkid Guest

I started questioning when I was 12, and since then I've always known that I wasn't straight, though to this day (I'm 22) I am still not sure where on the spectrum I am. At this point I've just accepted the fact that I probably won't ever know and that's (mostly) cool by me.

#6 imacoolkid, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
  7. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've actually shown signs of it since I was 8 years old (when I wanted to kiss a female singer and didn't understand that it was sexual). I knew completely by the time I was 14.

8. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I felt like that too, but everyone thought it was just "a phase" or something.

9. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol what they don't realize is that being straight can be a phase too. I actually tried to convince myself to like boys when I was 11-13 ish, identified as straight, and pretty much had those boy crazy talks with other pre teens. It was all fake though, I never liked boys and just tried to imagine what kind of boys I was supposed to like based on my friends. For me, being straight was a phase.

10. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At ten I realized very VERY few other boys wanted to marry another boy and live happily ever after with him like me.

11. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have too. I tried dating a boy last year to try to "convince" myself I was straight. (My parents don't exactly want me being lesbian) But my plan didn't work out and I still like girls and I'm happy about it.

#11 KenzyBell, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  12. SomeAverageBoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to think just like that sometime ago, then exactly a year ago I thought "If it's just a phase, then I might as well enjoy it !" that led me to be more curious with my sexuality which made me eventually realise I definitely wasn't straight

13. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It wasn't until I was about 15 that I realized I liked girls too. I remember getting butterflies in my stomach when I was around this one girl in class. We had a few classes together and we would chat in the hall between classes and I remember realizing that these feelings for her were like sexual and it freaked me out at first. I knew I liked guys but I remember mom telling me that I would talk about Susan all of the time. Mom knew I was bisexual before I did.

14. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's how I was. I got these feelings (just not sexual ones) towards my one friend. I still like her and it's been 3 years since I first started liking her, but I still never told her about it.

15. Morri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I saw breasts and became aroused, almost 2 years ago

16. shyjess

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This might come out as a shocker but I was five or six when I discovered I liked boys and girls. I preferably hold hands and kiss with girls than boys, and preferably play games with boys. I had this tomboyish persona so I often dress up and think like a little boy than a girl. I had my first kiss with a girl who was older than me when I was six, then had another at the same age and experienced another at 11. Yeah, I was a messed up child back then, but I was also well-liked.

Around 2007, I fully accepted my sexual orientation as bisexual and started to have crushes with boys and girls. My real first girl crush started at PE in the girls` locker room, and I assumed the girl I had a crush on has a thing for me giving that she would occasionally stare at me changing across the room before I switch to the bathroom. But that was eleven years ago, and I still remember that first feeling I had with her.

Yes, it all started at five or six years old.

17. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was around 5 or 6, I learned what it meant for someone to be trans and gay and lesbian, etc. and I never thought I'd be bi or lesbian, But here I am now. Likin' girls and being happy with it.

18. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sort of knew a bit beforehand, but thirteen would be the age I started actually thinking about it.

19. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I always would be attracted to guys throughout middle and high school. I knew I liked looking at guys, and I never really looked at girls the same way. Hugging a guy or holding a guy's hand was just different than doing those things with a girl. But for some reason these were never indicators to me that I was gay. I still thought I was straight. Yeah, I questioned my sexuality, but I never seriously thought I was anything but straight.

Fast forward to my sophomore year of college when I was in an Ethnic/Gender Equity class and we were talking about LGBT issues in education. I don't remember exactly what was said, but I remember sitting there thinking, oh my gosh, I'm gay. I never really denied it, because at that moment I knew there was no denying it. I liked dudes.

But now looking back, there were signs I can remember dating all the way back to kindergarten when I had tiny crushes on my friends who were boys. In 5th grade we had swim lessons for phy ed, and I remember looking at the boys with their shirts off. In middle and high school my favorite part about phy ed was being in the locker room while other guys were changing. And even through that it didn't truly dawn on me that I was into dudes. Kind of sad, but it was just like, there's no way I am gay.

20. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Had attractions for years (since about 12 or 13 years old) but truly started questioning around the time I graduated college. Figured it out around a few months after that.