1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning my Sexuality (Am I Pansexual?)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by geekyboy18, Aug 10, 2017.

1. geekyboy18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I have talking with someone on a gay dating app. We've been getting along really well, and I feel like we'll end up having a long-term relationship (hopefully). They recently posted on the app that they were transgender and are going to fully transition to female. I was momentarily shocked, but then I realised that I wanted to be with this person regardless of that (because I feel I've fallen in love with their personality rather than their physical appearance).
    P.S. I'm using they/them pronouns for the time-being, until they tell me what pronouns they are comfortable using.

#1 geekyboy18, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  2. melvinie

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! And it does sound like you are pansexual, as a lot pansexual people like to explain their sexuality as just "not caring" as long you'd be with them either way. And this does sound like you're situation, as you don't care about their biological sex and just want them no matter boy or girl. People have their own definitions of pansexuality though, and in the end it's for you to decide if you are pansexual.

3. geekyboy18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice. In some ways I feel I am Pansexual, in that I don't care about their gender (just them). However, apart from this case, I am only attracted to guys. I'm thinking this possibly makes me a pan-romantic homosexual.

EnigmaToMyself and melvinie like this.