1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuals: Are you attracted to both genders equally?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sivert, Jul 31, 2017.

1. valkyrieofgodod

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a sapio-bisexual so I'm attracted to people intellectually . So on that aspect , both genders are equal. However, I feel much more emotional attracted to women . And once I'm emotionally and romantically attracted to them , the sexual attraction is damn intense too. Otherwise, no matter how hot they are , I feel not much than a straight gals among her girls . On the other hand , I don't need much emotional attraction and romantic attraction so to speak to get it on with guys. I don't know if it makes sense lol.

2. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are people out there who feel the same way as you do. Maybe they are more likely to identify as Pan rather than Bi? Hopefully they'll chime in :slight_smile:

Using your fruit analogy, I enjoy all kinds of fruits but that doesn't mean I don't have favorites. Like yes I like grapes, grapes are great, but I only like red grapes and I favor blueberries over grapes. It's the fact they are different that I can favor one over the other.

A favorite in anything is just a matter of having a stronger connection or experience with something or someone. What causes that strong connection or experience will be different from person to person. It also may just be about frequency in finding the right "type" that causes that strong reaction. There's a combination of things that go into attraction: personality, connection, appearance, etc. It's possible that it may be easier to find that "right" combination of "ingredients" in one sex verses the other.

From the get go, I'm more likely to find women physically attractive than men, but looks aren't everything. Yet I find I'm more likely to make an emotional bond with women rather than men, so that's more likely to lead me to become sexually attractive to them whether they be a model material or not. Since I'm less likely to feel attracted at the get go AND less likely to develop a bond with men in general, the odds are I'll find women more attractive. Even though I'm just as capable of being with a man. It's just the right circumstances don't happen as frequently.

Also, I'm a slow turtle when it comes to romantic feelings. As a woman, I don't have a lot guy friends because they tend to fall for me :/ Moreover guys tends to fall for me faster than I can reciprocate, so I end up turning a lot of people down which means they don't hang around long enough for me to develop romantic feelings. I get the feelings though if I was "out" and was dating women, the same thing would happen there too. So maybe it's not about preferences but how relational pursuit plays out. At least in my case.

#22 Cinnamon Bunny, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  3. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Definitely not. Its like 95% girls, 5% guys. Only attraction I have for guys is sexual. I have never felt an emotional attachment stronger than friendship for them. For girls its both romantic and sexual.

4. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It fluctuates. I'm more romantically attracted to women and sexually attracted to men. Maybe a 60/40 split.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really sure why this thread exists other than as some ephemeral thought process for those people that choose to respond. We are ALL, each of us, unique individuals. And we experience our sexuality in our own unique way.

Bisexuals are, by definition attracted to individuals of both male and female genders. It is arguable that we can certainly also have attractions to people who are intergender. (Transgender doesn't really matter to most of us, I would surmise, simply because it's not about the physical characteristics, rather the person from a 'falling in love' point of view.)

I'm not being judgemental nor a party-pooper. I'm just trying to be realistic.

6. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a 70% ladies 30% dudes kind of bi.

Thought I look for the same kinds of personality traits in either sex. I like smart and witty humor over low brow and toilet humor. Out going and spontaneous, similar interests and likes. I love meat, so dating a vegan would be hard....

7. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Another thing I just thought of. Some people say that being gay is just a phase, and part of me kind of falls into line with that. When I was 14, I was identifying as a lesbian. Then I started calling myself gay, as I saw lesbian as too feminine. Shortly after turning 16, I started discovering my genderqueer identity, and my attraction to guys was awoken. My genderfluidity made my sexuality more confusing until I read "The ABCs of LGBT+ by Ash Hardell and discovered the term abrosexual, meaning my sexual preferences changed, which explained my constant switches between feeling such a varying range of attraction, especially with the way it did not affect the gender I happened to be experiencing. Although I still identify as abrosexual, I do feel I am on both the bi and ace spectrum, as I experience both same and opposite attraction, as well as none at other times. My sexual attraction may change more in the future, but there is no denying that I have romantic attraction for only girls, and it has always been like that.

#27 Renegades, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  8. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Shorthaul,

Are both genders truly equal to you in terms of what you are looking for?

Personally, I find significant differences in guys that I'm attracted to versus gals. A lot of that has to do with personalities for me.

Just asking...

9. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey SkyGirl,

I would just say that your sexuality isn't "a phase." You are who you are. Other people can accept what you choose to share about your sexuality or they may be doubters or they may be haters. But ONLY YOU can actually ever KNOW your own sexuality. And you have to learn how to dismiss the doubters and the haters because they simply are NOT 'you.'

Everyone can play around with terms about sexuality or gender identity, but you just have to be who you are. And anyone who challenges you about who you KNOW who you are - challenge them right back. They can't "know" anything more or less about you than you choose to reveal to them.

Just try to be YOU to the best extent that you are comfortable.

My 2cents.

10. Longtime

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never been in a m/m relationship but sexually i am attracted to both equally, give or take

11. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If they meet all the things I look for in a person I am interested in a relationship, then yes they are equal... After they check off all the things I am picky about lol

12. froff69

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me I'd say 99.9% men. I had a couple of relationships and a few one night stands when I was much younger with women but I think I was more in love with the idea of being in love with a woman if that makes sense? I had a few encounters with men but I was always afraid of people finding out I liked men so I never really entertained the idea of having a romantic relationship with a man.

13. Heaux

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well it's really hard to relate to a phenomenon when you haven't gone through it yourself, like wise I cannot relate to being attracted to girls

14. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    pretty balanced for me... even though the big majority of past relationships have been with men, i think i'm atracted to both genders equally.
    like you said, apples and grapes!

15. Skibby1989

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really. I like to think of myself as borderline-lesbian because there's only one man whom I'd ever consider being with.

16. David S

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    HI there. As for me, I find I'm more attracted to women, seeing them as attractive yet I find I feel more comfortable connecting with men emotionally and sexually. It's been and still is a difficult situation for me. I don't know where I belong and I'm left feeling all alone. Disconnected, sad and sometimes angry.

17. Addy0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. I can relate to that. I have had relations with both sexes and have enjoyed the relationships equally. Although I haven't been in a romantic relationship with a woman exclusively since I was really young. Sometimes I lean more to one side than the other. But It's kind of a pendulum. Sort of. At least that's how it has been for me until recently as I have started identifying as a Lesbian. I'm trying on the "label" to see how it feels and I like it a lot. I think partly because I have identified as heterosexual for most of my life, even when having sexual relations with women. I never really thought about it. I think it's cool to be able to go "back and forth" as you feel that attraction to a person you might find interesting and/or attractive.

18. SomeAverageBoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well it's kinda complicated, I know it's a bit of a buzzphrase but I'll try and make sense of it
    I am AMAB just to clarify
    In my case I'm more likely to look at a girl IRL or in media and think of her as attractive, sometimes I can be overwhelmed at how much I like her body. However when it comes to "private sessions" I don't get turned on as much by females, I'm not a fan of the vanilla stuff. Because I wasn't raised in the most gay-friendly environment, I exclusively look at guys or male/male when I get off since my subconscious sees it as something Taboo which only adds to the excitement. I also like effeminacy from both sexes and genders
    It's a mystery to me as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm more quickly attracted to men, but my attraction to them isn't romantic. At least, it hasn't been before for the most part. Maybe I'll have a sort of romantic attraction for a short period of time, but nothing that really is memorable or lasts much longer than a day or so.
    My attraction to women lasts longer. They'll do something that will trigger me being intrigued with them, and then I'll become obsessed with them. Then after that I'll feel sexual attraction to them. Sometimes I'll feel attraction at the beginning too, but usually, talent, humor, something interesting or controversial that they said or did will trigger my interest, and then that will lead to attraction.
    I'm technically bisexual homoromantic, and somewhat lithromantic. I'm not completely lithromantic because I do want a relationship, but lithromantic is the closest word I can find to describe how I'm sometimes attracted to people who make fun of me, and when I like someone, I like a lot of distance from them. I like to watch them from across the room, sometimes.
    It would be easier to say I'm a lesbian, but that's not completely true. I would have sex with a guy as long as he was cool with it being just casual.

20. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay?