Long Distance is a thing?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yuya, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About 3 weeks ago I went on a trip to South America and found something that I'd never thought I'd find - Love! We met on Grndr and started talking non stop everyday! Now I've never met him and I never ever thought a long distance relationship would work but this handsome rugged guy has lighted up the last 3 weeks of my life!

He is so incredibly sexy and fun and he leaves me voice messages and cute pictures of himself and the little things he does everyday and I am so smitten by his handsome rugged features. I have never ever thought we would last that long. I'm so new to this long distance relationship that I would like any advice on how to keep the flames going!

Things I fear include our conversations becoming to draggy or me becoming slightly jealous when he hangs out with other guys to watch Will and Grace >:| Seriously though I hope we don't lose touch!

Oh yea and I live in Australia :grin:

#1 Yuya, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. N41l1L

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I find this adorable, but all I can say is, if you love each other, you don't need to see each other to know it.

Personally, I only get to see my girlfriend once a fortnight, but we've been dating for nearly a year and a half.

I hope everything goes well for you two, and I bid you adiue.

PS (Who still watches Will and Grace??)

#2 N41l1L, Aug 6, 2017
  3. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently Paraguayan Guys! haha.
    I'm super jealous right now cause he's staying at a rich korean friend's place and watching Will and Grace but the fact that he texts me last night and this morning should mean he does care about me right? haha

Thank you for the kind words. How do you guys keep the relationship going though? I don't even know how I can be in a relationship without all the physical touching and the going out on dates etc.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At this stage, you would be wise to avoid thinking of it as a relationship and I would strongly encourage you to keep both feet on the ground. It's important to avoid losing sight of reality and getting caught up in the whirlwind of emotion.

The fact is, you live on a completely different continent and there are many, many obstacles to overcome before you can begin to think of this as a serious relationship. Before you can even continue with that line of thought, you need to meet to establish if the connection is real. Only then can you begin to wonder how you'll both keep it going (and it will be hard).

Stay in touch with each other, by all means, but don't say or do anything silly until you have met. If you're already getting jealous, that's a sign that you're allowing yourself to be carried away. One step at a time!

#4 PatrickUK, Aug 6, 2017
  5. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was thinking like that too. But things that make me think we are going in the right direction - We text, audio chat and call each other everyday and I've talk to his mom and he's talked to my best friend. We talk about the most mundane things including what's for breakfast, what sort of clothes we bought at the store, running together at the same time even though we are in different time zones, what time to go to bed.

We've talked about the future, i've asked him on a date when he comes to Australia. He says he would cry if he went on a date with me. We're not stupid to fool ourselves thinking that we are in a serious relationship (as i said I don't believe in long distance relationship working very often) but I'd like to make it work seeing as we have come this far and still keeping in good healthy contact. Heck even the guys on Gryndr don't chat to me as often even though they're like 25m away from me.

6. Twist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^ This is important, and something you need to seriously consider.

That said, the long distance thing -can- work. My partner Gideon and I have been in a long distance relationship for over 9 years. For us, it works. But it takes effort from both, open communication including discussions on what each has in terms of expectations in the relationship, and a good deal of trust.