1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Robin x, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've recently started questioning my gender. I'm female and I've always been female and never thought any different of it, but recently I've just kind of been wondering about it. I feel totally comfortable with using female pronouns all the time, but, I don't know, I also like using gender neutral ones. I got a binder today that I ordered for a cosplay I'm going to be doing and I tried it on and it just kind of felt right, like, I really like wearing it. It feels comfortable, not in the physical snuggly way if you know what I mean. I don't think I'd ever really want to use male pronouns, so I don't think I'm transgender.. I just don't really know what I'm feeling right now.

Anyway so I was just wondering if anyone might be able to help me out and suggest what it might be, or if they've felt the same way or anything.. Yeah. Thanks ^~^

2. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, welcome!

Maybe it would helped if you asked yourself a few questions about which kinds of gender expression, body and way of being addressed make you feel good about yourself and what makes you uncomfortable. Apart from pronouns this could mean:

How do you feel when people refer to you as a woman/girl/daughter etc.? Do you think being referred to as a man/boy/son would make you happier?

How do you feel about your body? Are there any parts that feel wrong / like they shouldn't be there? Do you like wearing a binder because you like the aethetics of a flat chest or because it makes you look more like yourself?
    Would you like to have a more masculine shape and face? E.g. How would you feel if your voice suddenly started becoming deeper or you started growing a beard?

I know that's a lot of questions. For me, it has helped to think about them one at a time. They might be easier to answer than the "what gender am I" question as a whole.

If you have anymore questions or need advice, feel free to ask :slight_smile:

3. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks ^~^ This is a big help. I think I'm just a mix of it all. I much prefer androgynous things, like, I'd prefer for myself to be perceived as just more neutral. However I'm also completely comfortable with being seen as female and I don't really think I want to lose that side of it, if you get what I mean. I'm not really all that feminine still though. I don't really think I'd be comfortable with straight up male or masculine things, though.

4. newts

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're comfortable being female, you might just be a girl with a more androgynous style/personality?

5. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess that's an option too, I think I just need some time to figure out what I'm comfortable with.