1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you date bi people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Heaux, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course, being bi myself, it would be rude not to date another bi person.

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a bisexual woman who is way more on the gay side of the fence than the straight one and it's a bit frustrating having to go through being constantly sexualized by the straight community (by both men and women) and made to feel ashame of my sexuality by a good chunk of the LGBT community.

We, actual bisexuals, aren't immune against the bicurious girl/guy who just wants to experiment. I have had to deal with a fair share of them myself and I absolutely don't identify with them, at all. I have NO appeal for threesomes or polyamorous relationships be it with both gender or just one.
    The problem with bicurious people or people who are experimenting /struggling with their sexuality is the lake of honesty with themselves and especially others which is what leads to people getting hurt but lake of honesty is a people problem not a ''bi'' problem.

What I have noticed is that a lot of people in the LGBT community seem to have insecurities and constantly compare themselves to straight people projecting their fear of being left for what they seem to see like the '' better '' option. I personally don't see straight people as the better option, I personally don't aspire to living a straight life, I aspire to living a life where I can be true to myself and my feelings without being sexualized or shamed for it. I don't understand why some gay people are feeling so threatened by the opposite sex. Personally, as a bisexual (who would never ever cheat), I would feel much more awful if the girl I dated cheated on me with another woman than if she cheated on me with a man. With a man I can't really compete, he can offer her things that I obviously can't, but a woman? Being cheated on by a woman with another woman would be worse for me as it would kind of mean that I wasn't enough. Not my gender . Just me as a person. And it sucks much more than being left for a need for the D, a beard or a muscular torso, at least in my book.

I can understand how some past experiences can affect future interactions and create issues, but I don't think it's fair that we, bisexuals, are paying the cost of what happened to some of you with morally questionable individuals. The same way nobody here would call their Muslim next door neighbors terrorists because a few extremists have done awful things under the name of that same religion. People shouldn't label ALL bisexuals as '' polyamorous, threesome-seeking, sex-starved, awfully greedy and unfaithful brats '' Some of us could and do fit some of those categories as do some lesbians and gay men but a lot of us do not.

As it happen, I would happily sign any papers that would turn me officially and exclusively gay today but as it turns out I don't get to pick my sexuality so it would be great if I stopped being penalized for it

3. Tibby T

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I would. I don't see why it would effect your relationship. Just because they have the potential to like the other gender doesn't mean that they have a higher chance of cheating. Anyone can cheat. Not just bisexual people.

4. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really care. Like Tibby T said, it changes nothing

5. larkmary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yes, I definitely would date bi people. I am bi- sexual myself. It is the best of both worlds.

6. shyjess

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. I would date a bisexual boy who is attracted to boys and girls and vice visa. I'm natural when it comes to both sexes. I love boys and girls and as long they respect and value me as a significant other we will be fine.

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

To be honest, I consider myself to be bisexual homoromantic. While in the past I've been with both men and women, and trans individuals. I have found that my relationships with bi women and lesbians to have been much deeper and fulfilling. The two times where it was with someone who was male identified...well they were just ok? So yes I would date another bisexual. Just would be leaning towards women identified individuals.

8. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would totally date a bi person, and I feel that anyone who says that they wouldn't needs to take a good look at theirselves, and make sure they're not making any unfair assumptions.

9. Flowey

Oh I would, but as soon as they start talking about how maligned they are by straights and gays, I'd happily prove their point by friendzone them.

10. Soshiyaki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If she share mutual attraction then I don't see why not.

11. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another comment from me:

Wasn't explained before, but I do understand how bisexuals feel when it comes to being rejected. I feel the same as I am rejected by gay/bi women for being an inexperienced complete virgin (including a kissless one) at the age of almost 27. The argument is exactly the same from their side of the fence too: They worry that I'll eventually cheat when I settle down since I haven't had a "taste" of anything else that's out there (which is utter nonsense, I'm not an experimental person if you actually KNOW me, I've followed routine and disliked change since a child), or they believe in other stereotypes like I'm mentally ill or being a stage 5 clinger. Even if they're simply turned off by inexperience, that's no different than simply being turned off by attractions to the opposite sex, and it affects both sides mentally as we feel unwanted and unloved in the community to the point we have to lie or do things we don't want to do to get dates.

And despite my posts, I am not opposed to dating a bisexual (a biromantic or homoromantic one), just that heteromantics crowd the community and make gay people wary- they shouldn't do that and are responsible for the problems It's caused.

At the same time though, we can't force people to date someone else, no matter how much it upsets or angers us, It's not true oppression or a human right that we aren't getting in someone's pants. People are rejected for anything about them, I'm rejected for being a virgin, being overweight, and being on the autism spectrum (Is that also ableist oppression, especially since I'm high functioning and no different than neurotypicals now?). I don't know other than I've learned I have to respect preferences because It's not my right to force them.

I also think before we cry about dating preferences and oppression, we also need to take a good look in the mirror about the type of people we're also rejecting, because groups of any kind can feel unwanted and pained over the stereotypes you use to avoid us.

12. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Considering I'm bi, yes lol.

13. Peryite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I cant really put it into words...

So i will put it into gif

[​IMG]

(In all seriousness, probably not)

14. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pan, so yeah I would. I much prefer someone who's also pan or bi as it gives us more in common to talk about. Plus the whole "I'm expected to be a cheater even though I give zero signs of it ever happening" notion isn't there. That lack of trust in me would drive me nuts long-term. Ironically I've been cheated on by three different straight ex's, while two other ex's tried to force me to turn our monogamy into an open relationship; so I'm far less inclined to date straight people in the future.

15. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't care what your orientation is as long as you like me and I like you...