1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you realize you were lgbt+

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GenderfluidKat7, Jul 14, 2017.

1. shyjess

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this won't make sense but a lesbian movie made me realize I liked girls all along.

2. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah that makes sense to me, it was a comic that me realise that I was a woman.

3. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I realized early on I was different from other boys because I liked playing with girls but my sexual attractions involved boys paying attention to me and treating me like any other girl.

4. Darsch Hielle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always had this thought, "Hm, if I were a guy, I could totally date a girl!"
    That was always followed by "Wait why can't I do that now, then?"

But I had never had an actual crush on a girl before, so I was like "Nah I'm totally straight." Then in 9th grade I did have a crush on a girl and I realized I, indeed, was not straight. And here I am now. Happily with a girlfriend (different girl than I liked previously) of nine months, out to most people, livin' my gay life.

5. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always knew I was into girls. But I didn't realize I was into guys until grade 10.

I guess I really should've seen the signs, to be honest. A handful of questionable things with a few action figures here or there. : P

This guy moved to our school at the start of grade 10. He was in my commtech class that semester. He wasn't, like, smoking hot, but I liked him, so good enough. And he was gay, which might've helped. I never really like, noticed how I felt, until a few months into that class. One evening in December of 2014 I was thinking about him (in a not-dirty way) and I realized I had a crush on him. That's when I knew I was bi. That night I found this site and a few days later I came out to my friends and family, and two and a half years later it's now.

I never like, asked him out, or anything. He doesn't even know about really any of this, I think. We're just friends.

Or were, I guess? Depends on if I see him ever again.

#65 Jakob, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  6. PoppyWoppy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Almost as soon as my grandmother explained that boys can like boys and girls or both or neither when I was 11 I realised what I'd felt towards some of my friends was a crush. This flipped my life upside down until I kissed one and we practically became a couple for a few weeks in secret until he got a girlfriend to hide his gay

7. trisb

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    same here. a light bulb turned on and i connected the dots on all the crushes on girls/women in my growing up years