1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gamer4now, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was just wondering who else here writes to decompress so to speak. I started a couple days and write about 3 pages a night. I love it more than anything but it can be nostalgic and make me sad. Anyways do you people write? And what about?

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Hi, I sometimes write to get some stuff out of my system but never much since I usually read it the next day and end up utterly embarrassed.

Either way, I'd suggest you check out the " calling all writers" thread in the Entertainment and Media section, lots of brilliant and interesting writers there.

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to write sometimes if I have a lot on my mind. I do a lot of stream of consciousness writing. Basically, writing whatever is on your mind non-stop, even if you have nothing else in your head at that particular moment.
    I have a little notebook and will aim to do three or four pages of that, of I ever sit down to do it. I find it quite cathartic at times, and it definitely helps me to get out of my head sometimes.

As the previous poster said, I would definitely recommend looking at the writers thread in one of the other forums. I'm sure you'll be able to meet a bunch of other fellow writers there :slight_smile:

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I write actual stories with original characters, but it DOES help me destress and blow off steam. I don't know what I'd do without it.

5. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I will check out the thread thanks!

6. SnowyOwl

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, sometimes I write stories with completely made up characters, and sometimes I just write what I'm feeling. It does help sometimes, but I guess it just depends on what it is exactly.

7. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to write a lot, but not as much anymore. In most of my stories, I just had a few characters and had stuff happen to them. Nothing much, but it was something to do. Sometimes I write stories with actual plots. My most recent one was about 4 people exploring an area near them that a lot of paranormal things happen, and 4 ghosts reacting to it. Sometimes, I have something in between. In one, I had 6 (later 8) main characters, and a different thing is going on with each of them, but it's all kind of connected.