1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Control With Flirting?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 12 Armed Ducks, Jul 18, 2017.

1. So I may have a flirting issue... I tend to flirt with all of my friends at any opportunity and I think it's affecting my friendships quite a bit. Kinda feel like I'm violating people's trust in a way, and I'm pretty sure I've made some people uncomfortable. I suspect it's because I'm desperate for romantic attention. If anyone has any tips for fighting urges and avoiding flirting, they would be appreciated.

2. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I tend to be quite a flirtatious person but not voluntarily, sometimes I get called out on it but people then realize that I'm not purposefully flirting with them, it's just the way I come across.
    For your case, I would advise to maybe try to be more self-aware and only really turn on the flirting switch when it is appropriate, if that makes any sense?

12 Armed Ducks likes this.
  3. Sivert

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Track and identify your habits, what is it that you say or do that makes you so flirtations? To make a conscious effort of things you need to identify the problem directly. Flirting is one of those subjective, open for interpretation type of words. You should have a list compiled of actions or things you do that are labeled as being flirtatious. After you've done so, which one of these could be red flagged as being problematic. Not all flirtatious attributions are exactly a problem, some people are naturally flirtatious but know where the boundary lies. The identified boundary in itself can only be visible if the person is aware of what he/she should not do, as to not allow those lines to be blurred.

#3 Sivert, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Myclosetisfull likes this.