1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Summer break went by way too fast...I'm not ready to go back to work :frowning2:

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When do you go back to work?

3. Peryite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    EAT WORMS! FLY SOUTH! NEST!

4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is really only common in teenage and very young adult females to my knowledge.
    My grandfather shames me about my lack of manliness... It is much more common for men to get shamed for being less than manly, where as slut shaming is something that most people I know would never do to each other because it is considered a rude thing to do, but society where I live at least seems to accept people being judged for not being masculine enough like it is painful to experience.

5. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Where does it say the government needs to provide health care for everyone? it doesn't. If you get a job, you can pay for it. Why does everyone think the government must provide for them. I want to end ALL welfare. It should be that if you work, you live. Survival of the fittest." - Random comment on Facebook (emphasis added by me)

I hate this attitude so much....

6. still life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm starting to be slightly adverse to social media. I think I need a break from other people mundane shit that they do, think or eat.

#2446 still life, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I swear, if she identifies as cis, then it just proves my point that she's always been a problematic asshole. Look, I don't like Caitlyn Jenner either, but I have the decency to not say that a woman, a trans woman at that, should 'choke'. Thanks for further proving that intersectional activists only care about themselves and boast about being here for everyone until it benefits them.

8. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Work was hell. Stupid machine fought me for the entire two hours I was running it, and this woman, who I will only refer to as "RBF" (Resting Bitch Face, because she has a massive one) repeatedly telling me it was the way I was operating it (even though she had the EXACT SAME GODDAMN PROBLEM when she ran it) even though I knew it was the machine. Literally spent my lunch break in my work station trying to keep from having a breakdown. After lunch, I'm on the next station and powering through it in a rage, and I'm almost calmed down when I notice RBF over here talking to a friend of hers while the part SHE is supposed to be working on is in my station and slowing the line down. So I go to finish her part for her, just to get it out of the way, and she comes over saying "No no no no", literally like you'd say to a misbehaving puppy!

Woman, do I look like a fucking puppy? I'm a damn attack dog! I'm a ball of rage and I just about ripped your damn head off! You don't want me doing your job, do it yourself instead of yapping to your friend!

Aside from Election Night 2016, I don't think I've ever wanted to be this hammered in my life. They're going to end up training me in another station, but they better get on with it before I knock RBF's head into the rafters. I'm either going to have a meltdown, get fired, or both.

One more day. Just one more day and it's the weekend, and I won't have to deal with RBF for two days. Hopefully more, if they get on with training me elsewhere.

#2448 ThatBorussenGuy, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I swear if they jerk me around like this, I'm going to be so pissed. After today, I have no more T and my doc won't refill it without a visitation and I literally have no fucking time for this.

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  11. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know where I got this itch to travel, but I want to go to somewhere else so badly right now...

12. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Well the official first day of school for students is Aug. 14th, but us teachers have to go to trainings, orientations, and basically other things to help prepare for the new school year. So I've had trainings the passed three days this week, and I have trainings in early August too. Teachers go back to work on Aug. 8th for trainings/prep.

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really early for students. Here in Michigan, by law, schools at any level, including colleges and universities, can't start until the Tuesday after Labor Day to give everybody one last chance to go up north and spend money. When I was in high school, we always got done the first week of June and then went back in September.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/...09&ref=headline&smid=fb-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur

It's astonishing how many LGBT people are willing to slam the US Justice Department for interpreting the law as it almost inevitably must be interpreted; sexual orientation does not come under sex for the purposes of Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and courts can't act as an ersatz legislature to give entirely new meaning to what Congress almost certainly did not intend to mean.

The process of law and government should matter to us not only when it favours us explicitly.

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In personal news:

Bad news - no drinking for at least a month thanks to doctor's orders.

Good news - I'll be unprecedently sober for the first month of the semester, which can only be a good thing academically.

16. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got to check out a Lesbian couple at work today with triplet babies.

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will never, ever, ever, ever live in Orlando. It's going to cost me almost $10 in tolls to drive to my aunt's house and back to the hotel tomorrow. How can people afford to get to work and back every day at those rates?

18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you on medications, too?

19. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

That's pretty cool! We used to end school in mid to late June, and then go back after Labor Day. Lately though, we finish school at the end of May, and begin in early to mid August. Honestly, I wish we started later because it's too hot in central CA in August, so everyone feels cranky and hot while sitting in class haha. It's hot from May to September in central CA though, so there's always one month of school that's just gross and hot haha.

20. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't been on here in awhile, The site is hard to use now. :/