1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I move on

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GravityHurts, Jul 15, 2017.

1. GravityHurts

GravityHurts Guest

It has been over three weeks since I messaged my crush telling him that I like him and he hasn’t messaged back since. I’ve accepted that he probably won’t ever message me back and that he doesn’t share my feelings. The problem is that I can’t get over him. Everyday I wish that I could be with him, and I constantly check to see if he has responded. I know that I need to move on but I can’t. Any advice?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that's always a tough situation.
    The best thing to do is keep busy. Try new hobbies or meet up groups. Hang out with friends, give yourself a project. Just keep yourself busy and give yourself time. You will get over him.

3. swingthatway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I've got the same kind of problem. I messaged a girl telling her I like her and she sort of laughed then changed the topic. It sucks because I think we'd be a really great couple, but she apparently she "doesn't date girls". I don't know how to get over her either, but I guess I'd agree with silverhalo and just keep busy. I've had so much uni work over the past few days that I haven't even had time to think about her.

Sorry it didn't work out (for either of us). Hope you feel better soon x

4. dyates

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Keeping yourself busy as they said is always the best option. It happened to me as well, and to move on I tried to do lots of new things (sports, tv shows, meeting new friends) and actually, not only I was able to move on, but I also found out much more about myself that I thought I already new!

Hope you can do it, and if you need some advice just feel free to ask me :slight_smile:

5. Sivert

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My sympathies,

Moving on isn't always wishing upon a star that you get the same response from your crush. Moving on could look like different things. For starters, acknowledging what you should never do again, learning from your mistakes. Messaging you like someone via social media platforms may not be the best way of doing the deed. It seems unapologetic-ally bland to some, bit dry if you will.

Secondly respecting the person's decision to not invest or not reciprocate is a huge step into letting go of things, it's like dealing with grief, your great loved one has passed away and you have now accepted that they will no longer be around, even if that shatters you into a zillion pieces.

And thirdly, looking onto other things that do not revolve around that person, taking on a new hobby, a new interest or simply just a new show to watch. Your crush will slip into your thoughts every now and then, this is expected but the only way to set the moving on movement back in motion, is by depressing yourself over long periods of time about what it could have been.