1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishing I could just start over. Help/suggestions?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tommycee, Jul 25, 2017.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So lately I've felt like I've wanted to start all over on my social life (I'm a teen by the way). Like pressing a reset button. My social life has become messy and annoying. The closest thing I have to a best friend is this girl named kaylee. Well to be honest, I get really annoyed by her. She's a decent friend and all, but there's so much drama and really dumb stuff that goes on with her. I have a few other really good friends, but I always screw it up by not really staying in touch very well over the summer. Basically, I just would like a fresh start. If I could go to another school I might actually do that. But that's not going to happen. I'm also trying to change my image a little and other than a few friends, would honestly like to just fade away and join another friend group. That's not really possible though, because my school is tiny and out of all the kids in my grade, I either don't like them, or I'm already at least slightly friends with them. So what should I do? What's your suggestions on making new friends and potentially a new image? Thanks in advance.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well your image is entirely up to you, if you want to change it then go for it. As for friends school can be a tough time especially at a small school. It might be that at school you have to make the best of what you have but outside of school you can do what you like. Why not try some new hobbies outside of school and see if you can make some new friends that way.

3. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update: So everything turned out for the best. The friend I mentioned, Kaylee, had continued to stray down a path I disagreed with, so I broke it off, and surprisingly, things couldn't be better. I didn't make any new friends, but I reinforced my other friendships and have formed a friend group that I truly love. As for my image, it didn't change that much, but to be honest, it didn't really need to. I feel more confident in myself than ever and have really started to find myself. I'm not trying to gloat, I just wanted to say that if anyone here is in a similar position to me at the time, don't be afraid to break off dead friendships. Make new friends or get closer to the ones you have. Be bold. Reinvent yourself, even if it's in tiny ways. It can all get better. Just have the courage to make a change. You never know what paths it'll lead you on.

Lin1 likes this.