1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ARCangel, Jul 25, 2017.

1. ARCangel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm 13 I feel disphoria but my parents won't believe me they think it's just a phase and even think I'm doing it because it's cool. For at least 2 years I've been "missing" something on my body ( hips, curves long hair) and I hate my puberty every day but this only started 2 years ago not when I was 5 or something. I really flunked coming out as I have no proper logical answers to why I want to be a girl ( I like Star Wars, fishing, airplanes, and going camping). Now it's even harder to make them believe me. This has gotten to the point where I can't think straight and my brain is like all clogged up with the fact that my gender isn't gonna fix itself and I'm gonna fully go through male puberty advice on what to do.

2. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can start by explaining that liking traditionally masculine/feminine things doesn't necessarily align with your gender identity. I mean, that's why there's tomboys or more "femme" guys.

Some people find out they are trans later, because they realize they are unhappy with the changes of puberty. Prepubescent kids appear more similar to eachother than when they get older, so it makes sense that some don't have dysphoria as early on. The time at which one realizes they're trans doesn't matter, they're gender identity is valid all the same.

#2 skittlz, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  3. ARCangel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    They also said that I don't hang out with girls and don't seem to have lots of relationships skills. Only enough to talk about gaming with other geeks. Truth is I never went through the experimental and development stage because of going to USA back to china then to Canada seriously I don't even know who I get along with i can only pick friends by surface level things like games we like.

4. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm, well I'm terrible at hanging out with girls! Well unless they like the same stuff as I do (K-hiphop Girlgroups, Dad jokes, etc) That being said, I'm not really a social butterfly in general.

Actually, I've moved around quite a bit (parent's job opportunities: Minnesota, Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Colorado), and being the shy person I am, I don't have very close friends either.

I guess it's only a matter of time that things get better socially....I'm probably not moving till college (2yrs) so I have some time to settle. BTW, curious, why'd you end up moving so much?

#4 skittlz, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  5. ARCangel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My dad kind of just experiments with everything we were not meant to come to Canada. But I was failing school in China ( we were learning multiplication in kindergarten) and it was taking a toll on my mental health. The first time to the USA was because of his job.