1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by radicalfondue, Jul 23, 2017.

1. radicalfondue

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey all,

So last night I went out drinking with my best friend. Let's just say I got pretty drunk and emotional last night. I guess I have bottled this secret for so long that it bubbled out last night. I just remember crying and saying I didn't want to lose her as my friend. I never fully said I am gay but said things like "I just don't feel the same to guys as you do." She just kept saying that it was okay and to tell her what was wrong.

So the next day, I texted her and she was being kind of short with me. I asked if she was mad at me about the other night and she said she promised she wasn't. Then later sent a text that she still loved me either way. I still do not feel certain that this has not changed our relationship.

Next thing I know she was texting me about needing her me days and for me not to take offense. So for the rest of the day I didn't text or call her. I'm not sure what to think and if really maybe I just went about it the wrong way. I'm so confused and am just left out in limbo about our relationship. Not sure what the next step should be. :frowning2:

2. Smores

It might be that they just need time to process it, that doesn't mean you did anything wrong or that your friendship is over. If your friend is upset about it, then maybe they weren't that great of a friend in the first place. Hope I helped