1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male sex abuse web sight. I did not know this existed until now.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Jul 23, 2017.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. tent71

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This a really good thing. U just gave me a great resource to use at my job. I work with teens boys and girls with criminal charges. Most of these kids have been victims. The resources we have mostly set up female victims not much for males. This was very helpful. Thank u posting.

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well tent71 I like to break "things" down. One tool I use is cause, effect. We see effects all around us, in me, in others specially here on ECs. Specifically with me I cannot express love easily or at all towards another human. (I do have compassion / empathy) Never been in a serious relationship. This is the effect.

The cause (my theory after much analysis) is the abuse I sustained in my mid teens. I am not a psychologist but I have read where abuse plays out as anger in others. I can now safely say that "confusion" plays with the brain in many varied ways. Its my theory that abuse can cause confusion.

Later

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to express love, you can find it within you to do so. What you read is theories and hypothesis. What you need to do is find it within you to move on from the trauma and let your emotions come out. Put the theories aside and decide for yourself if it's what you want.

You can do so if you want to.

baristajedi likes this.
  5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be cautious. While they mean well, MaleSurvivor has had been a lot of issues with moderation policies, and people with very poor boundaries on their site. I can't speak to their current management, but previously the management has ignored, stonewalled, avoided, and otherwise utterly avoided dealing with some pretty serious issues with its own moderation team and management when these issues were brought up. We (EC admin team) had to intervene when one of our teen members was getting sexually propositioned by a moderator at MaleSurvivor. MaleSurvivor's response was to ban all teen members, offering no referral resources, and in the process abandoning several dozen kids who had no other good discussion resources and precious little other psychological support. It is not an organization I have good feelings about.

As to the OP's comment: Yes, the data is very clear that sexual abuse can cause confusion. It doesn't, based on the research, impact actual sexual orientation, but it can confuse people. And it can, and almost always does, impact relationships, sexual behavior and expression,

6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chip. Thanks for the info about MaleSurvivor. Your comments let me know how hard ECs volunteers and others, work.

It's horrible to ban teens. When I was a teen I had no one to turn to for help. Thus I developed self techniques to survive. I carry those self techniques today. They are a part of who I am. I have no skills in finding people to trust much less trusting someone when I do find a person to listen. I now see it as a big problem. But you can see why I am this way. So banning teens is just plain bad.

7. tent71

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are dead on with what you stated. 16 years dealing with teen victims and many have come back to visit me over the years and they have stated the same things. They are at times still anger and confused. They may seek out in the adult years someone who is going to give them attention in a sexual way and not the correct kind of attention such as true love. Someone at times think this is how they should feel because they never had the help that should given.