1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptance of being bisexual

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alaya35, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Alaya35

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Although I have known I fancied women for a lot of years it's only this week that I have started exploring it more.
    From what I've read so far, am I going to get a lot of stick in LGBT circles if I tell people I am bisexual?
    It's taken me a long time to even want to reach out and let anyone know I am not a straight girl and now I'm worried I will be shot down by the very people I am seeking support from.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best thing to keep in mind is that anyone can get hate in the LGBT community. There are definitely gay people who hate bisexuals, but I have also dealt with bisexuals who gave me crap for being gay, inside the community ("Nobody is 100% gay! You're being close minded for not liking men! Try dick, you might like it!"). Not to mention trans people face similar issues. Nothing is going to be completely solidarity, but there are still plenty of nice people that outweigh bad ones.

Twist likes this.
  3. Sivert

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When and if people in LGBT give you shit about being bisexual kindly remind them of the perception outsiders have of them for being gay/lesbians. Ask them how that feels? Does it feel good when people pass judgement on you because they are not in par with who you are?

That tends to make them see their hypocrisy. It has always worked out for me.

dreamingfreely likes this.
  4. Alaya35

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thankyou. That's good advice!