1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spot, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is kind of hard to explain but I was running today and I sort of tripped over my feet. And I bent one of my toes (the big one) badly, like it went under my foot and I stepped on it. Again, it's hard to explain. But it hurt like hell anyway, a fair amount of skin was scraped off. I noticed pretty quickly that it was red and swollen but that was immediately after so I didn't worry about it. Now, it's almost ten hours later and it's really sore. Like, more than it was immediately after I hurt myself. I have to limp a bit. I thought it might've just been bruised. But when I walk, I can feel this clicking? The bone clicking, I suppose. It really hurts in the joint too, that's where the pain's coming from but it doesn't look dislocated...if you can dislocate a toe. And it's been throbbing a lot. I thought this was weird but my mom said she feels bones clicking all the time. It's just that it's never happened to me there before. I can't really move it properly although I wonder if that's just because it hurts and my body won't let me do that right now. Obviously, this isn't exactly normal because I'm hurt but does this sound like a normal injury or could it be broken? I'm not going to go to the hospital or anything like that because apparently you can't do anything for broken toes or fingers but I don't know if I should see a doctor? My mom already knows my worries, of course but she doesn't seem concerned. At the same time, she doesn't know the level of pain or how frequent the clicks are or really what happened. She knows I tripped but that's it. So...is this just a mild injury aka 'normal'? I'm just a bit worried because basically my entire body weight was crushing it so I wouldn't be surprised if it was broken.

2. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am not too sure what can be done for broken toes as i know the bones are really tiny. Buit for starters RICE it . Rest Ice Compression Elevation . This will help with sweeling and help with healing. Get you foot up high with ice with a tight sock on while sitting on the sofa. Hopefully it will feel better tomorow. You said skin waas showing , have you washed your wound out with some antiseptic cream etcc.