1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering dropping a class

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Spot, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My favorite class is Shop...I love learning how to use tools and create projects because I think it's an important life skill. I used to get the highest grade in the class and the teachers all seem to love me. The problem is, I get picked on pretty badly. There's six boys and three girls...obviously it has to be a small class because of limited machinery. And all of the other kids are really good friends. I tried to make friends with them so many times (I've been in the class for almost two years now) and it just never works. They always ignore me and won't talk until I leave, I swear I never did anything to them. And people just laughing at me or talking about me behind my back, I don't know how much more I can take. One of the girls is best friends with this guy who's gay...and it's like no one else is allowed to be his friend but her. And he used to be kind of nice to me, I mean he was the only one who'd sit with me, probably out of pity. But then she started telling him I was uncomfortable with his sexuality and I tried to prove I wasn't homophobic but he wants nothing to do with me now.

There are these two girls who are nice to me outside of the class but once we get there, they won't talk to me anymore and just go off with the other kids...they give me these dirty looks and I don't know what I did wrong, I never said anything. Some of the boys are just annoying too, they always give me shit for 'being a girl' and not being able to do Shop (even though I get higher grades than them) but they only do it to me and not the three girls in the class...the worst thing is always coming back to the class and someone's drawn or written on my work.

I said I'd see the class through to the end because there's only four months left until we graduate but I hardly attend anymore and I've fallen behind, I just don't want to go anymore. If I didn't have to put up with my classmates, it'd be the best class ever but maybe I should just drop it? And I know 'not everyone's going to like me' but when nobody likes me, it seems like it'd be a lot better for all of us if I just disappeared.

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to post to bump this thread up, just because I'm still having this problem and haven't attended class for a week...

3. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    hey spot,

People can be terrible in groups, i bet if some of the kids were on their own they would be completly different. When you say shop is it all wood work or you mess around with metals? As you said you only have 4 months left and then you will have completled your course and get to put your qualification on your CV. :slight_smile: . I knwo the feeling of not having been somewhere for a while and dreading going back. Just as i started writting this i realised that i am giving advice to myself which am not doing so pot calliing kettle black and all that.

Is there a way you can speak to your teacher, as i am suprised a letter hasn't been sent your house about attendance or they haven't tried to speak to you.

4. Loves books

If the class is having a major effect on your mood and you don't need it, it might be better to drop it just to get away from those people. But try and stick it out it is just one class.

5. Bakemono

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stay in the class if the class itself means a lot to u. You're close to the end, u have 4 more months to go. Do not let a couple of spoil sports prevent u from doing something u like to do. Once you're finished, then you'll be finished dealing with them.