1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got it sooooo bad! Make it stop!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Jun 18, 2017.

1. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rjay I think she MUST know you have feelings for her now. Like surely there is now no way it can't have occurred to her now.

I think touching her face, kissing her tear strewn cheek, running your hand through her hair...all sounds pretty romantic and definetly more than a friendship. She sounds like she obviously enjoys and is comfortable with this kind of physical affection with another women.

Still crossing my fingers for this romance!

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh RJay, (*hug*). There are always going to be moments of down. I know you don't think you are dealing with it well but you honestly are, I would have crumbled long ago.

I have a question, would you ever consider asking V if she has questioned her sexuality? I wonder if you could at a moment when she isn't feeling quite as bad, steer the topic to yourself and get to talking about how you finally started questioning your sexuality and how all these things from your past seemed to fall into place and then just as a side note ask if she has ever experienced any questioning?
    I'm just thinking maybe if she hears more of your story it will reasonate with some parts of her life (if that is what is going on here). You know like when you read a thread on EC and you think to yourself, damn I could have written that, and often the way the original poster wrote it is a way you hadn't neccesarily considered but it enlightening.

NeonSocks and LostInDaydreams like this.
  3. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really scared to ask because that would open a big old can of worms no matter the answer. I feel like if she wanted to tell me, she just would. Last night she thanked me for everything I said about her. I replied that I believed every word and that I will NEVER lie to her. I'm giving her every chance to escalate the conversation into that realm if and when she is ready for that.

4. Rvnt

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    RJay,
    I woke up this morning thinking about this woman I met as part of this progressive church singles group. It created a lot of anxiety, mainly, I think, because it was just a reminder of something that could have happened in the past, and did not because of my state of not being out and not really being authentic.

She was all over me, meaning things like we shared a tent and she really snoozed up to me, she would always sit real close, when we went on a trip she even made suggestive comments. But the thing with this friendship was that neither of us were in a place where we could comfortably make a move and make this more. We both were attractied to each other, and I think she was expecting me to make the big move, and I just felt incapable at the time. So, the potential relationship fizzled. A part of me still feels bad when I think of her.

So, just a thought. Someone has to make the first move otherwise this dance will go on forever. And, after awhile, it just turns into frustration.

#324 Rvnt, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Silverbirch likes this.
  5. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for sharing that. Was she out as gay at the time? Yes, maybe since I'm "out" the move needs to come from me. How long can this rationally go on without at least talking about it or just going for broke? Probably doesn't have to be before the end of the summer, but as I was saying a few weeks ago, it seems that by then we are going to have to get some clarity on the situation. I don't see starting up the school year and my teaching schedule with this still in such an ambiguous state. The frustration is quite draining.

6. confused40

confused40 Guest

Just read the whole thread and hope it works out for you

QUOTE="RJay, post: 6497520, member: 83039"]Thanks for sharing that. Was she out as gay at the time? Yes, maybe since I'm "out" the move needs to come from me. How long can this rationally go on without at least talking about it or just going for broke? Probably doesn't have to be before the end of the summer, but as I was saying a few weeks ago, it seems that by then we are going to have to get some clarity on the situation. I don't see starting up the school year and my teaching schedule with this still in such an ambiguous state. The frustration is quite draining.[/QUOTE]

7. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is commitment! Thanks.

Orchidea123 and confused40 like this.
  8. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What it's boiling (chose that verb) down to is whether she can love you. Not anything else about identity bla bla. You are going to have to ask her. But OMG how?

RJay likes this.
  9. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG, exactly right! She really doesn't have to embrace being gay or anything. So many women, especially of a certain age (which we are) are just falling in love with other women for the first and only time. It seems to be happening a lot. But, yes OMG how to ask?!?!?! I don't think I have to do it yet. But eventually I will!

We are going out in about an hour. I'm very nervous and I'm having a drink. I hope it doesn't make me reckless. I don't want to put her in a tough spot.

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha make sure you let us know how it goes.

11. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will. Our last "date" was 4 weeks ago. Can you believe it? That was the night I told her all about my gay epiphany. Remember how afraid I was that she would pull away? And look at where we are! So much closer.

12. zumbaqueen

You know we are all going to want an update.

13. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I know... :slight_smile:

J4yy likes this.
  14. confused40

confused40 Guest

yes we must be kept updated - im super committed to this thread now :slight_smile:

dreamingfreely and J4yy like this.
  15. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How was the date??? :wink:

confused40 and LostInDaydreams like this.
  16. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe this is too simplistic but I wonder if starting the school year will actually help. Not that it will dampen the feelings you have for her. But you are quite passionate about your music, and I imagine passionate about teaching as well. It will at the very least be something you have to focus on. Bonus points that you teach piano...something (else) you love!

As a side note...

So true! I watched 'Tig' on Netflix. WOW! Beautiful story, and both of them are so funny--what great personalities and attitudes! What a beautiful story of how it can happen, and MUCH later in life, where the girl DOES get the girl and ride off into the sunset. Thx for recommending this movie!

And for sure, keep us updated :slight_smile:

dreamingfreely likes this.
  17. Rvnt

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, Yes, to everything you wrote here. Just please remember you wrote this, from your rational mind, just in case this does not go the way you would like. Excellent perspective!

I have been there, pining after straight women, trying to figure out their ambivalence, and spending my time thinking something will change. But I an out at a deeper level now, and the mirror of life reflects back to us who we are inside. If I am not out and authentic, I am going to attract to myself women who are questioning and unsure.

RJay likes this.
  18. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, why do I have to have all the FEELINGS?! Excruciating...

I was feeling very depressed last night before going out with V because I saw my ex when he came to pick up our son, and for the first time since we separated, I felt such deep sadness and regret. I haven't really had time or space to mourn the catastrophe that was my marriage, and somehow the weight of the pain of the 19 year fiasco all came crashing down on me at once. I even felt some kind of desire for HIM. Like, "why couldn't it have been the real thing? Why did we have to fail so epically?" So, I was feeling very sad, lonely, and regretful going into our "date".

So, given where my head was at, the evening went quite predictably. We had great conversation, a fun time at the movies, a 40 minute walk home around midnight, and the whole time I was feeling this huge hole in my heart and this deep longing for V to be the one to fill it. Everything she says about her life, her experiences, her past is just completely captivating to me. Her every action, word, mannerism draws me in deeper. It was very not at all helpful in terms of getting me out of my "funk". I walked her to her door as I always do even though it's out of my way. I pulled this macho shit of, "oh, let me walk you to your door and make sure you get in OK." WHAT?! We are both women, same age. She lets me do that for some reason. There was the classic end of a second date scene played out at her door. I said, "thank you for the evening. I love spending time with you." She thanked me and said it was a great night. We hugged, kissed on the cheeks, then she thought of something else to say, and then we had to say goodnight a second time so we hugged and kissed on the cheeks again. I watched her go into her building, she waved through the door, and I headed home.

I felt excruciatingly lonely and sad, and went back out at 1am, over to my brother's apartment, woke him up, had a drink and a couple of cigarettes while processing it all with him and then slept on his couch. I just physically could NOT be alone in my apartment.

I guess I wasn't expecting to crave romantic love this badly this soon. I mean, I never had it in my life before, and I had more or less successfully convinced myself that for some reason I just wasn't wired to need it -- even though I was terribly depressed for years and knew my life was lacking "something". But then I met V, and the intensity of the desire to have romantic love and passion in my life has really hit me so so so hard. In my rational head, I really don't think she can be the one to fulfill that desire, but I can't help the feelings and in the absence of other options, I don't think this is going away unless she helps me by keeping some distance. Then again, maybe it still could happen. The not knowing is tough, but I've been through that all earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the support, friends. I know a lot of you "get it". May we all find joy in the company of another human someday. That day isn't here for me yet, and it hurts a lot.

taical and Orchidea123 like this.
  19. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No one likes to hurt obviously. But I am thinking the hurt and pain around the loneliness right now is so intense because you have turned a corner in a way. Not long ago you were still working the premise, 'I'm not wired for romantic love, I don't need it (yet simultaneously feeling the lack of 'something' and resulting depression). Now you have realized you do want and need romantic love, that you want to fill that space in your life where something had been lacking so long. You KNOW you need and deserve love now, just like everyone else and I imagine THAT is why it's hurting so much more now than in years past. In years past you could have just blown off the hurt of it all as, 'oh well I'm not wired for that anyway...'. Now you're actually feeling the hurt because you do want it. Which sucks, but in an inside out way is actually a good thing--to feel it.

Feeling it will propel you to getting exactly what you want/deserve in life. (No doubt!) Maybe with V, or maybe with some cute woman you meet at your next piano conference. (Is there even such a thing as piano conferences?)

No matter what V has been the trigger to sparking these new ( or more like buried) feelings in you. However it ends up with her---she will ALWAYS be special because of this.

We do!

IrishEyes likes this.
  20. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Again, Moonsparkle gets the Zen of it. The hurt you are feeling now is what makes possible the ecstasy (OK I go overboard) you are aiming for. It's like the same currency.

Now, it's getting to the point where you have numerous opportunities to escalate things — those kisses could start drifting, or maybe you ask "Are we becoming girlfriends?". We (just us nosy wingpeople) need to know if she can love you.