What is wrong with straight people?! Freaks!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate to that in some ways. Everytime I would look at a straight couple, especially people older than me (I don't know why...) like my mom and my stepdad, or my friend's parents when I was in high school, I would always wonder why the woman was in a relationship with this man, what was so special about this guy, etc. I don't know what women see in men, because I never saw what they saw. I always found it a bit odd because men and women are just so different and I just don't understand how this can work out. I just never got it.

Maybe you're just having a phase where you embrace just a bit too much your new found gayness and reject what you don't want?

#21 Islanzadi, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    RJay likes this.
  2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like previous posters, I can relate up to a point. It doesn't gross me out and I won't be throwing away my copy of Pride and Prejudice any time soon, but I don't fully understand how straight couples keep their relationships going. This is mostly when I see other couples with young children, so it may be more about my relationship, but I don't understand how they're so happy, content, connected, supportive and working as a team. Of course, the reality might be completely different. From the outside, my partner and I probably look like that.

I get @Islanzadi's point about being different too. I never thought I would find a man I could easily spend so much time with.

ShortButSweet and RJay like this.
  3. Jackie C

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Because people love each other? If we as queers have this attitude, why do we expect heterosexuals to understand us.

RJay likes this.
  4. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I don't have an attitude really. I am glad they are happy or at least I hope they are. And I would never give voice to these feelings I'm having because I know it's something I will need to work out. I still love romantic books and movies even the hetero ones, because I identify with the guy. I just am coming to terms with quite how alien it seems to me that most women are attracted to and emotionally attached to men. I'll get over it surely. It's early in this process for me.

I appreciate everyone's input!

TravelFever and Jackie C like this.
  5. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LMAO! Soooooo gay! The gayest!

Orchidea123 likes this.
  6. Jackie C

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @RJay Im just saying in general, I didnt think you were giving voice to them.

7. dreamingfreely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I used to look at couples holding hands and wonder if they truly were happy and how that could be. Now I people watch and try to determine if they are same sex partners lol. I guess I just couldn't get how the couples could be happy and thought that they were in denial lol. It doesn't make me mad just I don't understand. Happy people confuse me to because it seems like I have to make such a big effort to feel happy, which I am sure misses the point. I wonder if less driven people have more happiness.

8. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow!!!! Reading this thread makes me realize I may not be straight after all..

I've been doing/feeling/thinking same way - entirely different angle.
    And no, I do NOT feel anything is wrong with me, or needs to be changed.

This is my new perspective and I enjoy It, without realizing it, until a read a thread like this.

We live we grow we develop.
    How can I not appreciate myself?

RJay likes this.
  9. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't make me sick or grossed out or anything to see heterosexual couples. It just doesn't resonate with me. Like if I see hetero couples in the grocery store just going about their daily shopping I just think how I wouldn't want that for myself. And yet for whatever reason (straight by default, in denial, feeling I was broken etc etc etc) I lived that life for many many years.

Recently I spent a few days with my sister, her husband and their two kids. And seeing how they raise the kids together, how they 'fit together', how they drive each other completely crazy-- how they hike and rock climb etc as a family...this DOES resonate with me. Like wow...I want exactly THAT kind of love--but with a woman :slight_smile:.

10. ShortButSweet

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since a very young age I looked at heterosexual couples with babies and could never ever imagine myself in that position. Since finally coming out (it only took me 20 years) my friend said "how about 2 women and a baby?" I'd never thought of it before and yes, that is natural to me.

We are all wonderfully abnormal - gay, straight, bi, trans, queer ️‍ Embrace it

silverhalo and RJay like this.
  11. Rvnt

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rjay, maybe your reaction to straight people is kind of a second adolescence reaction. When we are teenagers we are trying to grow up and be individual from our parents and can act in wild ways and have our emotions on overload. Now there is a need to have a lesbian identity. Just a stage, I would think.

RJay likes this.
  12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Straight couples don't bother me unless I'm into the guy and wish he was gay and with me. What the heck does he see in her?! :wink:

RJay and Jackie C like this.