1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making windows tablet dual boot with android

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by beagle, Jul 20, 2017.

1. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi All,

Just wandering if anyone knows how to do this , i recently got a windows tablet fusion 5 which i want to install android on as it is easier to manuvure around with touch screen. I have shrunk my hard drive down to accomidate the new os and tried using a usb live disc of andriod 6 but it came up scrolling across teh screen up jumblered up and lines running throught it and unreadable. Any ideas?

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, well, that would be hard to do at the very least.

A Fusion5 Windows-based tablet has an Intel x86 processor, while most Android tablets have ARM system-on-chips from a handful of vendors such as Qualcomm, Mediatek, Samsung or NVIDIA, which provide the required drivers for all components in the system-on-chip to work.

While an x86 build of Android would theoretically run on your processor, you're very unlikely to find Android drivers for your specific hardware (actually, you'd have to find a homebrew Android build for that specific hardware, which from what I've seen, doesn't exist.)

3. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks you for reply Miaplacidus, I had a feeling looking through the different blogs that maybe hardware was going to be an issue. Maybe best running it through an emulator i know alot of features might not work but worth a go. I might just go and buy a cheap android tablet. Fusion 5 was a birthday presant from my sister.

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really want Android, the second option would be best. An Android emulator would likely tax your hardware too much, plus, the user experience would be far from perfect, to the point that you'd probably be better off with Windows.