1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wrong with straight people?! Freaks!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Jul 20, 2017.

1. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have any of you experienced this? The latest thought I keep having is, "what is wrong with straight people?" It's like, I mean, I know I lived the straight life for decades, but now that I've accepted my absolutely raging homosexuality, I look around at straight couples, and they just look WRONG WRONG WRONG to me! I especially look at the women holding men's hands, for example, and it sort of repulses me. I find myself literally thinking, "wow, girl, what is that doing for you? I hope that's working for you, because from where I'm standing it just looks weird as hell."

I imagine this is what many straight people experience when they see gay couples. Funnily enough, even when I insisted I wasn't gay, I'd see straight couples showing even minimal affection and think, "get a room!" but when I saw gay couples (women or men), I'd think, "awwww, that's sweet!"

But now, it's beyond, "get a room." I'm literally grossed out. When V got all weak in the knees and flustered over the super-muscular tattooed guy we ran into who she slept with for a while last year, I was physically sickened, and I don't think it's just because I'm so into her. Just the whole thing reminded me of how annoyed I always was with my boy-crazy friends. And now it's like, "that hetero shit doesn't look right at all! Why don't all the women want to be with women?! What are they, sick? Perverted?"

2. Jackie C

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Rjay I would be concerned that you feel this way, it sounds like you need to get help. Remember they are the normal ones and we are abnormal. And before anyone jumps on me, Im not saying abnormal makes us wrong or bad. The fact that you get physically sick is unusual, talk to someone.

3. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry... I'm in therapy. This is probably a phase in coming to terms with all the years of repression. Just curious if anyone else has felt this way.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why are we abnormal??
    I'm not saying it's right that it makes RJay feel sick, but as she said it is perhaps just a phase as she works through her past. I agree that she should work through it but I definitely do not agree that gay couples should be looked upon as abnormal, I am not jumping on you I am sure you have your reasons for thinking this or wording it this way but I do not agree.

RJay likes this.
  5. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. That's what I think too! Not saying I'm right for feeling this way, I just think it's interesting that I'm having those feelings.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can see reasoning behind you having these feelings, and think this is a state of mind you have to go through in order to heal what has gone before, on the other hand I think it's so interesting how the brain works. You lived the straight life partly because society and other people's views were pushed onto you, and whilst I realise you are not going to view these straight couples and actually say anything to them, what your mind is doing now is almost pushing your views onto the woman in these relationships haha

#6 silverhalo, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  7. Jackie C

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What I mean is penis's were made for vagina's, men were made for women. I dont like women sexually but I accept that it makes me a little unusual, not the norm or abnormal. There's no shame in it.

Sort of like going against our intended use, this is a silly example. A pencil is made to write, I use one to scratch my back. Pencils arent meant for that, though it is not wrong to use them in that way. Does this make sense? I word things poorly sometimes.

#7 Jackie C, Jul 20, 2017
  8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do get what you are saying, I think perhaps abnormal was just a poor word choice but I do that myself frequently.

9. tent71

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell we are all abnormal even if u are stright, gay, bi, pink, yellow, red, black or white. Please define normal for me because if u think u can then I have bridge I want to sell stock in. Shit no one is normal.

NeonSocks likes this.
  10. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you maybe mean Jackie, that we are the minority? And straight people are the majority?

I agree it's hard to define normal and even if you could I'm not sure I'm want to be defined as that :slight_smile:

Jackie C likes this.
  11. zumbaqueen

That's how I have looked myself. There is nothing wrong with the feelings I have, just that I am in the minority. And that the majority doesn't understand how we can have those feelings because they are different from theirs and people don't like different.

Jackie C likes this.
  12. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Normal rebound effect. You goofball!

13. Jackie C

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh no, I knew I was gonna start some shit, BTW Im not normal by anyone's standard, last week somebody called me a rustic whatever that means.

14. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So interesting, @RJay! It's so crazy how our framework can change and we can have a whole new perspective. As you have mentioned it does sound like you are trying to work through some inner turmoil due to mourning discovering your sexuality so late. I am sure you can learn to come to peace with this soon through continued self searching and addressing your past as you have been doing. I would think that ideally we would see all couples as sweet and as its own form of love. But I 100% understand why you are feeling this way. I imagine you are dealing with some serious feelings as you have fallen so hard for V but you don't know her feelings. For your own sanity at some point you may need some level of closure or acceptance (regardless of where she is with her feelings for you). I imagine you are quite conflicted. You have been facing some serious ups and down of self discovery the past few months! ❤️

RJay likes this.
  15. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ..And sorry if that was overstepping and unsolicited. I'm at the gym and was sort of just rambling on the elliptical. I think your thoughts and feelings are a completely natural response due to your new self discoveries.

16. TravelFever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate to some of your feeling RJay, I am not grossed out, but wonder a lot why women are into men.... I will probably never understand why not all women are lesbians. :smile: I know I get on my wife's nerves when I start to wonder about hetero relationships again. They are like a weird species to me.

Sorry to the men around here but to me they are just generally very bland, there are only very few exceptions. And I never have the same urge to get to know them as I have with new female friends. So that is probably why I have no idea what makes them appealing to women.

17. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I appreciated everything you said!

Searching1 likes this.
  18. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I imagine I will always feel this way to some degree. I like certain men in my life very much -- as pals -- but they don't fascinate me like women do. Duh.

19. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Imo, abnormal is just an iffy word to use, even if you didn't mean anything bad from it.

I know homosexual sex is not the intended use of sex. Penises were made to go in vaginas and all that. On the other hand, the intended use of heterosexual sex is reproduction, and yet many straight people use birth control, condoms, are childfree.....etc. Technically, they are not really supposed to have sex this way, since nature didn't create heterosexual sex to be without reproduction (birth control is unnatural and man made). But I don't know if I would call straight people who use birth control to be "abnormal"? We could say they are biologically abnormal and "having sex the wrong way", but most people do it, so It's become normal in that sense.

As for the OP, I used to be really heterophobic and disgusted by straight people when I came out, but I got past it. Now I like straight couples and even write them (just have no personal interest).

#19 Creativemind, Jul 20, 2017
    RJay likes this.
  20. TravelFever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are just very, very gay :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: