1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you realize you're gay and not bi

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Geek, May 6, 2017.

1. Munchy

I always knew I was gay, I just pretended to be into girls so I won't get beat up. I had sex with a woman, but I still knew I was gay.

2. Mali Mali

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I grew up thinking I was going to marry a man and have kids with him. As a teenager, that idea almost became an obsession. I think it was because I subconsciously knew I could never love a guy romantically, but if we had kids, at least I would be able to love his offspring (although a different type of love, obviously).
    When I finally admitted to myself that I was attracted to women, I was still sure, I was going to marry a man. It seemed easier. So I considered myself bi and thought women were just something I needed to "get out of my system". I went through a phase of wanting the physical parts of a relationship to be with a woman, but I still wanted to marry a man because it was "easier". Eventually, I realised I just want to date a woman and maybe marry her and have kids one day.

I was in my 20's before I accepted myself as bi, but it only took me about a month to realise that I am actually a lesbian. I think it was harder for me to accept that I am not straight than it was for me to realise whether I was bi or gay.

I know that labels can be nice to have sometimes - it makes it easier to talk to other people about one's queerness - but many people change labels throughout life and that is okay. You don't have to have it all figured out right now :slight_smile:

#42 Mali Mali, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2017
  3. Wolfwing

When I first came out to myself, I thought I was bi for a few months. I realized I wasn't after doing some thinking and realizing that I'm not interested in girls.

4. Zor616

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 13 and am either lesbian oar bisexual, idk yet and haven't come out

5. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't laugh but I remember my sophomore year after my first gym class of the year. I was standing in the girls shower with a dozen other girls thinking... "OMG OMG OMG... I hope they can't tell how turned on I am." I had an idea that I was bi because I liked guys but started crushing on this girl in one of my classes. I've dated one guy in high school and about a 8 or 9 months ago I fell in love with my cousin. Neither of us has ever slept with a guy and this is our first time being with a girl. I guess right now I don't have enough information to know either way but I'll keep you posted

6. awkwardness

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sexually attracted to men, but romantically attracted to both! Help me please

7. Soshiyaki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually came out as bisexual to my friends, because I kind of felt left out since they were all into men and I felt that I needed to pretend I was attracted to the opposite sex so we could have that in common. I even tried forcing myself to like guys but it just didn't work for me, I guess. That was when I was around 15, now I'm 18 and i am very far back into the closet lol.

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For around a year I thought gay, as I'd never even heard of bisexuality before (perks of growing up in a small town:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) something about it felt so wrong though.
    This is pretty much me now. I feel very confident in my sexuality (and in my heterosexual relationship) but something in the back of my mind really clings to that trope of bisexuality being a pre-gay title. I'm scared that one day I'll wake up and realise I was never interested in the opposite sex at all, and that I've been gay all along.

#48 Batman, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  9. shellmg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I convinced myself I was bisexual for about a year. I realized I was fully gay at 13, but came out as bi to my friends, then after a few months, I started pretending I had said gay the whole time.

None of them were surprised anyway.

10. Billy156432

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm thirteen and I know for a fact I am gay, last year I kind of tried to make myself be bi.

11. Wolfwing

I realized I was gay not bi after realizing that I'm only interested in other guys

12. Ravenblack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol my funniest story I never told anyone :

So a while back in our workshop one of the welders stopped showing up and we were in a pinch. My brother got a friend of a friend to help us out on the weekend till we got someone. Not a bad looking fellow if I may ad.

Anyway, I figured I also wanted to try it and asked him about it. Only to mess up badly. So he grabbed another helmet and stood behind me holding and guiding my hand, and placed his other on my side leaning over my shoulder to see... "You don't mind do you?" "Meep"

I learned something that day, but it was not welding lol

After that there was no question I was gay:smile_cat:

13. Lizz10

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought I was gay for a short period a while back, but then became bi, then pan.