1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you realize you were lgbt+

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GenderfluidKat7, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Salma Hayek in "From Dusk Till Dawn". I was 14. Youtube it! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2. Twist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always knew I was into guys, even as a little boy I crushed on other boys. I didn't realize I was also into women until I was about 16. I then realized in my early 20s that gender wasn't actually a factor at all in my attraction to others.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was fairly late figuring it out at like 18. I had always been at least curious about dicks, but it wasn't until I first fantasized about kissing a guy that I knew I wasn't straight.

4. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found out I'm gay about a year ago the thought of being in relationship or doing anything with a guy seemed so....not right and weird like that could never happen so then I realized the reason... I like girls!! I just couldn't see it all these years because I didn't think it was even an option... But when I really thought about it I instantly recognized my attraction to girls... And emptyclosets helped me so much in this process!!

#24 jenne, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  5. Boatman

First thought on same sex attraction would have been at 11 building up to a realisation at 14, And firmly locking the closet door around 15 more or less...

6. imacoolkid

imacoolkid Guest

I realised when I was 12. I was reading a magazine about a lesbian woman and ran to my mom crying "Am I a lesbian?!". I don't even remember why I questioned, I experimented with both girls and boys as a little kid and I think that had a part in it. Some time later (still age 12) I came out to my friend as bisexual. I still identify as bisexual (if I have to use a label) and I'm 22 now. I've fallen in love with men and been sexually attracted to both women and men. I don't feel comfortable in any label, really, all I really do know is that I'm not straight and that's fine by me lol.

7. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made my first experience in 7th grade while having a crush on my best friend. Didn't acknowledge it til 9th grade.
    I found out I was genderfluid shortly afterwards.

8. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OH MY GODDESS

9. astriferous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Around 8th grade I started getting really interested in drag kings and feeling the urge to crossdress, and I was like, uh, this might have something to do with my gender.... and it did lol. I never really realized my sexuality, I just called myself straight until during my "questioning gender" part of my life I was like, yeah, that's not true. Now I'm simply "not straight" :laughing:

Omg, I love Athena lmao. I was playing Tales From The Borderlands with a friend recently and couldn't help commenting on how cute she is.

10. A GayLesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my lack of interest in gender and relationships.

11. shellmg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read what lgbt people online had to say, and suddenly, I realized that wanting to see other boys didn't try to see other boys naked

12. SelflessSellout

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well looking back now i can see a handful of signs but I guess the first time i realised it was when I was 12 looked up the definision of pansexual and I suddenly felt like I related to it. (soon afterwards I fell madly in love with a girl in my class haha)

13. Enea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Going to a Pride in 2009 :gay_pride_flag:
    I went there to support a friend and I came home with a happy feeling, I felt accepted and it was strange: I thought "Why am I feeling accepted if I am an heterosexual woman?"
    After that I started questioning my sexual orientation and realized that I am pansexual, even if at the time I didn't have a name for it and simply thought I was bisexual. I started questioning my gender identity too, but I had the full realization that I am trangender during another Pride, in 2015 :slight_smile: (I know, sometimes I'm a bit slow)
    So, to answer my own question from 2009: "Why am I feeling accepted if I am an heterosexual woman?" Because I'm not heterosexual, and I'm not a woman :sunglasses:

14. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean right! Tales was my gateway and the pre-sequel really did me in.

15. SomeAverageBoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Uhh this is quite awkward XP
    Long (and I really mean Long) story short; back in 2014 I got into the FNaF fandom and discovered Yaoi (don't question it >m<) that was definatley what started my questioning.
    Afterwards I had a very long stage of denial as at times, M/M thoughts flashed in my brain. Then last year in Summer of 2016 I shamelessly let in to my fantasies and only a few months ago did I think "wait a minute, if I like to look at boys and fantasise about them, that would technically make me LGBT ?" I then quickly accepted the fact that I was Bisexual :3

16. Enea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like yaoi too, and I understood why only recently :slight_smile:

17. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i always stared at girls and not boys. i also hated making out with my ex boyfriend when we were still together. what can i say? i love dem tities

18. Qwertuvle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looking back at it, there were so many signs I missed or just straight up ignored. But if we're talking about the moment I knew I was bi, I was thinking about Ryan Reynolds and my thoughts turned sexy.

19. Teito Klein

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have no idea honestly :wink: I just knew it my entire life. I still remember how I felt for a boy in my class when I was about 7 or 8, I remember crying myself to sleep many times because I really loved him and I knew I couldn't tell anyone. My parents went nuts thinking somethings really wrong with me. Over the years I've been falling in love with lots of other guys, but the truth is I still love this one boy! We are still friends, he's married now and he is going to be a daddy very soon. I never found the courage to tell him how I felt.
    First time I really fell in love was with a cartoon character to be honest (hahaha). It was the boy from "The princess and the goblin" can't remember his name now lol.
    P.S Excuse my English, hopefully it's understandable enough :wink:

20. N41l1L

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For me, it was when I met who is now my girlfriend. She is demisexual (is only attracted to people she has an understanding relationship with), and was the first openly non straight person I had actually met, living in a very toxic and closed off town. It took me a while, but eventually I became comfortable with myself, and less comfortable with my body. I started to resent every moment of having the genitalia that I do, and wishing for that of a females.