1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Things That Happen Often in Dreams?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 12 Armed Ducks, Jul 17, 2017.

1. What are some weird things that almost always happen in your dreams? I'm always naked or so weak that I can barely move :open_mouth:

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always have weird dreams, but no specific aspect always repeats. But typically, if i die it is because i'm slowly eaten by an animal instead of being murdered by a person so I guess that is the closest thing.

3. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of the asthma medicines I took for awhile caused me to have incredibly vivid dreams. Every night I was on some new adventure which was great until I would wake-up exhausted from the restless sleep. Now my dreams almost always have an element of work in them. I can't escape it even in my subconscious!

4. GigglesTheCreep

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always have falling dreams. The most common one I have is tripping over barbed wire in some sort of war scene and it never fails to make me nearly launch myself out of bed

5. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I almost always have either completely esoteric and confusing dreams (like mostly abstract nonsense) or dreams that are accurate down to the physical sensations of touch or being cut by objects. Typically my vision is the most distorted sense, it blurs a lot and I normally lack scent but hearing and touch are more acute than in real life for me sometimes.

6. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dreams have sequels. There will be times where I dream about certain things like being in a bookstore with friends and suddenly losing track of everyone only for the dream to end and then a month later, I'll have a dream that essentially picks up exactly where that dream ended.

7. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine are twisted... I have a reoccurring dream or parts of dreams where I'm in the highlands of Scotland and I find this valley that I must have walked past a thousand times. At the bottom was a castle with two spires twisted like a piece of wire... I turned it into a story called ... yes, Twisted Towers. The other one is where I find myself in a Greek temple with thick stone columns on both sides of this marble walkway. At the end of the path is a large burning bowl ten feet across with an eye in the center of the flames.. Not like Lord of the Rings, this was more like an oracle.

8. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My dreams are extremely weird, but in most of them, there's some sort of distorsion in space. Like I can be in my house, but when I go upstairs I'm in a boat, and when I go in the basement it's a football field and then I open the door to my room and it's a zoo, or I go in the bathroom and I'm at my parent's house, etc. Or there can be very large objects that fits in a very small container or space, stuff like that.

9. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have the same thing! I have what I like to call a dream tv series going on during my slumber right now. I will have a dream then a couple weeks later it will pick up where it left of or I will have a new dream which is largely connected to the last. Its pretty interesting.

10. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the past 15 years I've had a dream recurring at least once a year. It's a very very weird dream where I'm with my step-sister and step-brother in my father's house, hiding and running from a t-rex looking for us, and a lot of very weird things happen along the way. I have this dream at least once a year, if not more, and it always happens in the exact same way and I wake up at the exact same time, every single time. So weird haha

11. Soshiyaki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have dreams where I feel extremely tired and lose the ability to open my eyes and even speak properly. Nothing feels more frustrating than trying to communicate with someone and you can't.

12. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I will dream about the most weird and random things.

A lot of times, I will dream that I am at a location that I frequent in my waking life (say, my house, my former school, a store etc.), yet the place will look nothing like it does in the real world, yet somehow I will still know where I am. I am doing the most mundane actions during these dreams, up until something odd will occur, but nothing scary. I'm lucky really that I don't have a lot of nightmares, but I do have a lot of weird as hell dreams.

13. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My dreams have become more and more realistic the older that I get. To the point where in dreams things seem so realistic that I wake up still hurt over things that happened in them. Sometimes I'll even have a continuous dream, where later in the dream I'll remember something that happened before in the dream and ponder it as if I were awake and thinking about a past experience.

14. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This happens to me too. A lot of my dreams acts like ordinary moments of normal life, so I always wake up trying to remember if it actually happened or not.

15. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same, except my sequencial dreams always have a recap like a TV show.

16. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have this problem a lot too. I will wake-up and spend the day upset from a slight that never happened, but feels so real.

17. RedTrekkie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This often happens to me too, up to a point where I struggle to remember whether something actually happened or if it only happened in my dreams. The rest of the time I mostly have fantasy dreams of my greatest desires, which get crushed when the realistic dreams take over.

18. Enea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me too!
    But the weirdest thing is when in the dream someone kills me: I don't wake up, the dream goes on with me dead and obviously unable to do anything. Or when I have to kill someone else (to save someone I love): when I wake up I feel guilty and scared about myself because the dream is so vivid, graphically and emotionally.. I don't like to know that in extreme situations I could choose to become a murderer

19. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of my dreams involve years. It's always been that way, like in a dream someone mentions a year or I think I'm in a particular year. Lately the year 1979 has been popping up a lot. I've no idea why; it has no significance to me.

I also have violent dreams. I'm not a violent person in real life, and I dream about things I would never really do, like pushing people off skyscrapers and punching my friends.

20. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is rather uncommon for me, but when it happens it's whole days that go by in my dreams and I think it is later in the week and I already wrote that essay and did X and Y only to realize that I have to actually do them in real life.