1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thattransprince, Jul 14, 2017.

1. thattransprince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So i am starting high school this fall and want to come out to my parents as transgender (ftom) and pansexual, but I don't know how. I am terrified and don't know what to do! Please help!

2. GenderfluidKat7

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you're terrified, you don't have to come out until you're ready.

3. Unknown737

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you think your parents would be accepting?

4. thattransprince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thetrasnsprince.....Hello ! I am not trans, but I follow several trans folks on youtube. I have been very interested in their journey and have learned a lot about myself by listening to them. I'd like to suggest some that you might want to watch for support and info... TheRealAlexBertie. He is my favorite. His videos follow him from about age 14 to 21. He has such a great personality and has gone through transition. He has a lot to share with you about what it takes to make the journey. He just did a new video on trans sex - it's not gross but does answer a lot of questions. skylarkeleven a great guy who will also give you good insights to transition and the trans life. Sam Collins... funny guy, who still can help you see what it means to be trans. OK...now to your concern about being scared to tell your parents. NEWS....everybody is scared when the time comes to come out no matter if it's trans, Gay, Bi or anything else! O, I guess there must be a few who aren't...but I've never heard of any. I was terrified when I came out to the first guy and I'm 66 years old! SO....standard coming out advice: 1) You don't have to come out until you are ready...you choose the time (unless somebody outs you...don't let that happen! 2) Come out the first time to someone that you know will support you. If you doubt if they will be OK with it, they are probably not the best person to start with. 3) You don't have to come out if doing so may put you in any kind of danger....being kicked out of the house, being sent to some idiot kind of therapy to "fix" you so you can be "normal" or anything that would hurt you physically or mentally 4) I was a Jr. High and High School teacher for 41 years...kids can be cruel. If you are going to be out at school, be sure that you have a group of friends who you are out to and who will be there for you when some jerk says or does something stupid.
    Here's a helpful hint...:blush: If you don't know if someone will be accepting you can mention something about Pride Parades or that you know someone who has recently come out as trans, gay, etc. to see what they say or how they react. If you are afraid that saying that will make them suspicious of you, then ask if one of your friends, that you are out to, would start that conversation when you are also around the person so you can listen in. Sure hope this helps some...take some time to check out those youtube videos. You could also search youtube for trans coming out videos.....David